Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 2017 West Coast Baja: The Race is ON!!!  (Read 30347 times)

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
Re: 2017 West Coast Baja: The Race is ON!!!
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2017, 08:52:56 am »
Do you guys think these stages are doable on a 990?

If you ride like Sam or Barreda, yes. It was answered before. :thumleft:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2017, 08:53:29 am »
Okay maybe not that bad, but it would be an afkak I think. ;)
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Cdp13

« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2017, 09:32:02 am »
Is daai 701 se suspensie al gesort?
[/quotse]

Ek het nog niks laat doen nie. Net met die clickers rond gespeel. Voel vir my solid. Maar ons sal 'n draai moet ry - sal jou mening wil hoor.
Wees jouself. Moenie 'n twatwaffle wees nie.

Offline Weedkiller - Adie

« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2017, 09:33:19 am »

Think its gonna be as technical as last year's Baja. 

Adie
Laat ons Stof maak.

Offline Dwerg

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Triumph 900 Scrambler
    • Wise Web Worx
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2017, 09:53:07 am »
Quite few guys lurking in the wings, not wanting to commit.

Come on guys - you know you you are: If you don't register, you won't go. Don't Leave it to late.

Timing is off for me unfortunately. Changed jobs so I forfeited my bonus (aka racing money) and don't have leave yet anyway  :'(

Hopefully next year  :thumleft:
Previous: KTM 690R, 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Jan Sand

• Puppy
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2017, 12:11:17 pm »

Adie

Last years Baja was quite hectic for a newbie like myself. This year the distances are longer...Amageza longer...hopefully less technical so that the newbies can manage...not catch a skrik. Hoping Alex keeps in mind that he needs to gain new riders...and hopefully not give us Devils Breath to ride on day 1....aftjop was dit darm....but there will be sand...and lots of it!!!! So excited!!

Does anybody know how many entries the Baja has this year to date?

Offline seankriel

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • I'm Living it!
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2017, 05:46:20 pm »

Come on guys - you know you you are: If you don't register, you won't go. Don't Leave it to late.

Timing is off for me unfortunately. Changed jobs so I forfeited my bonus (aka racing money) and don't have leave yet anyway  :'(

Niemand het gasÍ gaat maak wyn op n ander plek nie... jou eie skuld... maak n plan Dwergie - Lol

Ai Ai - as jy dan nie die budget het nie, dis oor n lang naweek so kom Marshal dan? Onthou jy 2014?? Dit was mos lekker!!
It's not what you know and it's not who you know. It's what you know about who you know.

Online SpeedMetal

« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2017, 06:36:58 pm »
Ek het Chris.  :wav:

Gaan ek jou daar sien?
Ek het jou ge-pm
GODSPEED!

Offline Camelman

• Race Dog
  • If it was easy, everyone would do it.
    • Amageza Rallye
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2017, 09:15:56 am »
Once again we are left with interesting choices here:

Off-Road Class ('Lite'): This was created to cater for the guy who wants to test a long distance race without having to spend R20 000 on tanks and navigation equipment. It was never intended for a entry-level rider. Now this is not a bad idea, maybe a green a red route.
  • Green: Not technical rock or dune/soft sand.
  • Red: The tough stuff, Amageza style.

Rallye:
The normal Amageza-style & distance. All on a road-book.

If adding a green route to the Off-Road Class will mean more entries, I'm all for it! I understand now (it's takes time for me to learn....) that not everyone wants to sleep under a bush and carry their bike over a mountain....  :biggrin:

Although a full on bivvie with food, tents and toilets are not currently envisaged (due to unknown number of entries), we working on a PROPER end function though. Pool party, cash bar, braai with salads, rolls and malva pudding....  :lol8:

I have gone through all the emails regarding after the request for feedback. I will post some of the common questions and replies in due time. (After I have bandaged my wrists.... ;D) For those of you who replied, thanks!

Let me know what you think regarding GREEN and RED route Or maybe name it a Bronze and Silver route. (Gold for the rally class?).  It will mean more time finding routes, but if that will add a new class of rider and get more okes riding, then I'm game if you are?

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2017, 09:34:06 am »
Very dark red route for the lites.  Pink for the rallye weanies that need a whole roll of toilet paper to show them the way.

Offline Dwerg

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Triumph 900 Scrambler
    • Wise Web Worx
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2017, 10:07:05 am »

Niemand het gasÍ gaat maak wyn op n ander plek nie... jou eie skuld... maak n plan Dwergie - Lol

Ai Ai - as jy dan nie die budget het nie, dis oor n lang naweek so kom Marshal dan? Onthou jy 2014?? Dit was mos lekker!!

Ek dink jy verwar my met kleinhandjies  ;D Ek het ongelukkig ten minste 2 dae nodig net om in Port Nolloth uit te kom

Ek onthou 2014 baie goed. Eks die ou wat elke keer by die check points aan gekom het en gelyk het of hy besig is om te vrek van babelas  :lol8:

Previous: KTM 690R, 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Camelman

• Race Dog
    • Amageza Rallye
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2017, 01:13:19 pm »
Very dark red route for the lites.  Pink for the rallye weanies that need a whole roll of toilet paper to show them the way.

Bill only needs the refuel points, he can find the race route with a single thought... :DRUIDD:

Offline Jan Sand

• Puppy
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2017, 01:49:08 pm »
Once again we are left with interesting choices here:

Off-Road Class ('Lite'): This was created to cater for the guy who wants to test a long distance race without having to spend R20 000 on tanks and navigation equipment. It was never intended for a entry-level rider. Now this is not a bad idea, maybe a green a red route.
  • Green: Not technical rock or dune/soft sand.
  • Red: The tough stuff, Amageza style.

Rallye:
The normal Amageza-style & distance. All on a road-book.

If adding a green route to the Off-Road Class will mean more entries, I'm all for it! I understand now (it's takes time for me to learn....) that not everyone wants to sleep under a bush and carry their bike over a mountain....  :biggrin:

Although a full on bivvie with food, tents and toilets are not currently envisaged (due to unknown number of entries), we working on a PROPER end function though. Pool party, cash bar, braai with salads, rolls and malva pudding....  :lol8:

I have gone through all the emails regarding after the request for feedback. I will post some of the common questions and replies in due time. (After I have bandaged my wrists.... ;D) For those of you who replied, thanks!

Let me know what you think regarding GREEN and RED route Or maybe name it a Bronze and Silver route. (Gold for the rally class?).  It will mean more time finding routes, but if that will add a new class of rider and get more okes riding, then I'm game if you are?

Great Stuff Alex! The gold will hopefully inspire the lite class to upgrade to rally class once they see they can do the lite stuff. Go for it!

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2017, 01:50:40 pm »

Bill only needs the refuel points, he can find the race route with a single thought... :DRUIDD:

I think only about food and coffee. Which reminds me...

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2017, 07:18:36 pm »
Alexander: Post on Facebook and also a post in the general bike related banter - only petrol heads and rally nuts come into the racing section, :deal:

Offline Camelman

• Race Dog
    • Amageza Rallye
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2017, 06:16:03 am »
Alexander: Post on Facebook and also a post in the general bike related banter - only petrol heads and rally nuts come into the racing section, :deal:

Mmmm.. my kinda people...  >:D

Will do so, thanks!

Offline Grolls

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Think Pink - Think Aeropink
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2017, 07:32:42 am »
If it is numbers you are looking for Alex, ....
Make the rally lite green route Adventure bike friendly  - then all the Wilddogs will turn up ;)
Think Pink ........... Think Aeropink

086 111 PINK

Offline SteveD

« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2017, 07:44:23 am »
Make the rally lite green route Adventure bike friendly  - then all the Wilddogs will turn up ;)

I agree with Grolls. A green/bronze route which is rideable by a good rider on an adventure bike, with little or no modifications to the bike.

Offline Grolls

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Think Pink - Think Aeropink
2017 West Coast Baja: The Race is ON!!!
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2017, 05:53:46 am »
Right
So far 3 riders from Team Verve and numbers growing

Who is gonna join the fun ?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:54:56 am by Grolls »
Think Pink ........... Think Aeropink

086 111 PINK

Offline Rickus

« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2017, 07:58:29 am »

We have a "farmtruck" devision at the KoŽs rally for the guys feeling the petrol-pressure.....these guys take part in a much smaller race with normal bakkies (there are certain restrictions and rules though) or what have you, and allot of these okes get bitten by the rally bug and turn up the next year with a dedicated racing machine.....So I guess it is more or less the same as what Grolls suggest could happen if you include the adventure bike element.....in the early days of Amageza it was all Adventure bikes and the top finishers have mostly all gone on to dedicated recing machines........

OMVAL EN OPTEL.....