End of the road...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueBull2007

Bachelor Dog
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
for my beloved WR 450.

Yes, its time for the Springbok era to come to an end. Given the state of the real Boks it probably a good thing too.  :eek:  :mad:  :dousing:

I blew up the gearbox and damaged the piston barrel 5 days before the Amageza, rebuilt the entire engine with Runner, and got her to the start. It performed well for four and bit days, and then it blew its guts out about 30km out of Vioolsdrif on a liaison to the finish (they would not let me start the special - apparently I was too concussed). Oil all over the road, smoke and its toast.  :'(

Oh%20no%20not%20again.jpg

Oh no, not again...

Its taken me this long to get over it and post this. No I have not opened it up yet, cant bring myself around to.

So here are my options:

1) Sell it vootstoets as-is with all the rally gear, racing suspension, tanks, kickass squadron LED headlight, two radiator fans, nav tower, fairings, fat bars, road book switches, ICO & ICO cap, rebuilt seat, wide pegs, spare levers, whats left of the spare engine the tootee for I suppose R25K and allow someone else to rebuild it into a new WR or put a new engine in it again, or

2) Brake it down and sell as many of the parts as I can at a discount. Give the fairing to someone who wants it in his bar.  :-\

I can't rebuild and sell it, I have exhausted this option and the wife will ignite into a fiery ball of wrath if I dare spend another cent on it. Its not an option, don't go there.

What do you guys think?  :-\ :-\ :'(