LONG LEGS LOW SEATS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
So as one of the larger Oke,s on the Forum (OK I am a B.U.F.F.) I struggle with the GS1150 in terms of the â??leg lengths etcâ?.

Basically, the bars are too low, the pegs too high, the seat too low!!!
Template014.jpg

So there are a thousand threads on lowering a GS but, very few on fitting it for a â??BUFFâ?.

So I started with Bar Risers, not quite high enough, but more comfortable than stock.

Then, still found myself standing in anything above graded, for â??mental comfortâ?.

So, lets try something else?

The idea is to increase peg to seat length, two choices, lower the pegs, or lift the seat!

Since I have broken both feet years ago, big feet low pegs does not work��

So lift the seat!!

So who wants to wreck the original, not me!!!

We find an old seat, which happens to be broken, we fixed it reinforced it etc, etc
Template005.jpg

Built it up by 50mm and a temporary upholstery.
Template015.jpg

So the point of the post!!!!!

Hugely, improved feelings, not the Bum comfort actually, but the mental, I sat twice as much as normal as my legs had more leverage sitting (I think) and standing from only 50mm higher was so much easier!       

Do not underestimate setting up the ergonomics of Bar/ Peg/ Seat it can be a massive issue on mental comfort which is where we buy into or do not buy into a bike!