Noob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi there all. I am new to this forum but not new to the sport. Started in 1974 doing trials riding on a Yamaha TY80. My dad was riding a Yamaha TY250 at the time. Started working on bikes 2 years later cause Dad was not getting much ridding due to having to repair my bike all the time. Did a number of MX,Enduro and flat track races in my life. Have traveled quite a lot on my old XTs and TTs. Moving on a few years, got married to a wonderful woman who gave me 2 beautiful daughters. Although my wife has no interest in biking she supports my addiction totally. So much so that she has taken part in letting my 2 girls get totally immersed in the sport. Taught my girls old school method. You crash, you pick it up and you get on and ride harder. Clean your kit and bike by hand after every ride and fix it yourself. The result is 2 very good riding buddies that ride like demons but look like angels.
Was always my hobby to buy broken bikes and fix them up. This became a business 2 years ago. Although I still work in the SAAF I am 4 years away from pension so I am gearing up for fulltime work on bikes. I specialize in building hardcore KLRs, restoring old 70's and 80's dirt bikes and working on newer model off-road bikes. No road bikes, BMWs or Quads. My passion is bikes, enough about me now. Hope to have some very good banter and chats with forum members for the years to come.
Rory Lawson

Attachments

• us 3.jpg
    us 3.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 75