Botswana and Namibia - help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

advwannabe

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Hi all you adventurers ,

I have a ten day break coming up....3-13 Jan 2017, i was looking to go for a ride into Botswana at either .mc carthys rest or Middlepits border post , then follow  the border west all the way to the Kalagadi park entrance at twee  rivieren , cross back into SA and continue westwards along the park border (NOT SURE IF THIS IS POSSIBLE ON A BIKE ) to enter Namibia at the Mata Mata border post.

From there it's a bit of an unknown ...i estimate to have about 5 or 6 days in Namibia before returning via Vioolsdrift border post.

I've never been to Namibia, and would like to see as much as possible, one of my aims is to take some great landscape photos, i will be travelling on my 950 alone and am looking to camp , totally in the wild if at all possible....( not much budget for accommodation.......some forewarnings of what dangers to look out for would be appreciated )

So all those that can offer any advice on routes and places to see........etc , would be most appreciated....

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers Marc