Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 610 Restorations and Rebuilds  (Read 5437 times)

Online Straatkat

Re: 610 Restorations and Rebuilds
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 12:19:14 pm »
This is what the mandrels look like.
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Online Straatkat

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 12:29:48 pm »
Rear swingarm refresh kits
18 till I die.

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 04:02:14 pm »
If there is one guy qualified to work with metal it is you  :biggrin: :thumleft:

Online Straatkat

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 07:16:51 pm »
Thanks Andre.
18 till I die.

Online Straatkat

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2017, 07:30:39 pm »
Just a question guys, I have a super protective ally bashplate that I built, it can take massive hits and not damage the bike, and has a tool tube in front, but with tools the thing weighs 6kg. I bought a Hyde plastic skidplate which is probably 5 kg lighter than my own one (without tools). Going to ride some gnarly stuff in Lesotho in a week, do I fit the Hyde? Is it strong enough? I see it lies up against the frame of the bike......don't want to bend a tube!
What say you guys?
18 till I die.

Offline katana

• I may be cheap, but I am not a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Born again 1/7/2020
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2017, 08:13:27 pm »
Just speaking for the Hyde on my WR - that thing takes knocks.  Best of all it doesn't bend.
If you want to haul ass, you gotta mix gas.

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2017, 09:29:55 pm »
I use the Hyde and done two Lesotho trips on the scoot. They are THE BEST bashplates - also have one on my G450X and my sons enduro bikes have all had them and survived extreme enduros like the Roof without issue (almost all enduro riders use them and they are indestructible). Unfortunately their marketing and often lack of effective fitting instructions let them down but the product is tops. One tip is to take a few strips of high density rubber and line the contact points on the brackets where they make contact with the frame (use contact adhesive to glue the strips to the brackets). This prevents any vibration taking the paint off the frame and also adds a little cushioning when tightening up. Also ensure you use large washers with the bolts.The advantage over alu is weight and that they flex a bit and slide over things whereas alu hooks up more easily. Also a metal bash plate amplifies engine noise.

PS. If you wonder what the threaded rod with a nut is for it is to hold the bracket in place with one threaded hole while you get one of the bolts in place and pulled up.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:44:58 pm by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky: