Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Lesotho passport question  (Read 692 times)

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
Lesotho passport question
« on: December 21, 2016, 10:10:32 am »
I have an bit of an odd question...hypothetical of course.

Say you had a Polish passport, which allows no visa on arrival or free movement in Lesotho, i.e. you have to have a visa issued at the Lesotho embassy before arrival, would the South African border posts around Lesotho allow you to exit?
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline Xpat

Re: Lesotho passport question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 10:49:26 am »

Say you had a Polish passport, which allows no visa on arrival or free movement in Lesotho, i.e. you have to have a visa issued at the Lesotho embassy before arrival, would the South African border posts around Lesotho allow you to exit?

I have a Czech passport and for years supposedly needed visa to Lesotho. I didn't know about it as they just let me in at least 3 - 4 times - both on SA side as well as Lesotho, until few years back, when the Lesotho buggers at Sani pass showed me that indeed I need visa nd turned me back. I don't have that problem anymore as they revoked the visa requirement since, but never had I problem getting through SA side - quite frankly if even Lesotho dudes do not clearly know who can get in or not, how would SA people know?

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
Re: Lesotho passport question
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 01:46:59 pm »

I have a Czech passport and for years supposedly needed visa to Lesotho. I didn't know about it as they just let me in at least 3 - 4 times - both on SA side as well as Lesotho, until few years back, when the Lesotho buggers at Sani pass showed me that indeed I need visa nd turned me back. I don't have that problem anymore as they revoked the visa requirement since, but never had I problem getting through SA side - quite frankly if even Lesotho dudes do not clearly know who can get in or not, how would SA people know?

Thanks.  If it had to come to that, I'd probably enter and exit through Monontsha and Ongeluksnek, so I'm not too worried about the Lesotho side, just whether RSA will let you out if you are not allowed in on the other side.

Good to know nonetheless, thank you!
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.