Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Negotiating a big obstacle  (Read 1232 times)

Offline krazy-eyes

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
Negotiating a big obstacle
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2006, 09:26:57 am »
Quote from: "Grootseun"

2) In Sandton if you are male and ride a vespa, your sexuality is questionable

ja, not to mention cape town - on any given day you will see every member of the village people riding a vespa

Offline growweblaar

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Somerset West
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2006, 09:57:55 am »
OK. I now have an arsenal of battle-proven weapons. Let the subliminal mission commence!

If she's still convinced I'll kill myself on a big bike (but not on a scooter, for some reason!?), I'll get the F650, but get the dealer to take the BM badge off and replace it with a Piaggio one (it's also nice and round, hehe) and tell her I just got a slightly bigger Vespa. Or would that qualify me as a transvestite?

Online Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2006, 10:25:32 am »
This is what you do:

Just go and buy the bike. Dont tell her anything. When you get home, she will most likely ignore you for a week, but women are inquisitive, so she will ask you to take het on a spin. DONT OFFER TO TAKE HER, LET SHE BEG YOU.
One ride, and she's putty.
Women love the feel of vibrations between their legs. Seriously, I'm not jokin here. They get addicted to it in a way.
And now your real trouble start: she wants a bike of her own.

On this, I cant give advice. I'm right there now myself.

Oh, and a DS bike is safer than a Poegie. Read the Hurt report. DS riders are also safer riders than non-DS riders. (but I think that is because we get our kicks and shit our pants on gravel, and thus dont have to pop wheelies on the N1)
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2006, 01:27:51 pm »
Quote from: "growweblaar"
OK. I now have an arsenal of battle-proven weapons. Let the subliminal mission commence!

If she's still convinced I'll kill myself on a big bike (but not on a scooter, for some reason!?), I'll get the F650, but get the dealer to take the BM badge off and replace it with a Piaggio one (it's also nice and round, hehe) and tell her I just got a slightly bigger Vespa. Or would that qualify me as a transvestite?

Ahhh I spot your mistake......begin with you want a BIG bike like a 1200 and then eventually say ok fine how about we settle for half the size like say a 650 -  pis maklik julle manne dink nie :D

Or do what I did ....twice

Yammie Tenere bought last year on ebay - errm it was an accident, pushed the button per ongeluk :roll:  :lol:

My sidecar outfit also bought of ebay this year.....hello sweetie wat dink jy van die bike (showing Mrs Maverick a few photo's) Ja it looks cool and not a bad price. Cool want ons tel hom op die naweek 8)

You only live once boys enjoy it.
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline GSpot

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 02:11:58 pm »
Only way I could get a bike 3 conditions from the wife
1. No drinking and riding
2. No riding in the dark
3. No riding in the rain

Kept to only 1 - no drinking and riding, got nice spotligts for the dark and a rainsuit for our lekke weather

Hope your wife let you have one
Do it the beemer style