Port Nolloth to Lamberts baai to Paternoster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wessels

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
This post is more of a Question than info:

We are busy planning a ride for June or July 2017.

Myself and another WD Lightie and 2 more of our mates are looking at doing the West Coast Sand route from Kleinzee.
Reason we are starting in Port Nolloth, is that the Owner of Hi-Q explained that they do not do bike tyres, but if we bring our tyres with, they will assist us when we change our tyres with all their equipment.  Sounds like great people.

So here starts the Question:

-What will be the best way to go with Tyre's? I'm thinking, very aggressive front like Motor cross tyre.
-Back Tyre? Something like a Big block  TKC 80 or similar? 
-Gear?  I know what the weather is like Karoo(Carnavon, Britstown etc.) but i have no idea(and neither does the internet) what the weather is like on that coastal road.  So the  Question is do you go Body Armor because of heat of do you go full kit because of rain and cold?
-Then we are looking at camping on the route, I know there are some beautiful spots to sleep over and we will, but would love to camp out next to the ocean just because we can.
-Last but not least, is there anything specific that we need to look at when planning for this trip? Other than the extra tyre, extra fuel, water etc?

Please do not hesitate to share any pointers, info, photos or maps.

Thanx guys