Question about KTM 1190 rear undertray fairing fender and front fairing screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinusBez

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
Morning WD’s

Two questions
1. Undertray crack
I don’t know whether I bought the bike like this or whether something shot up and cracked my rear tray undertray fairing fender. Forgive me if the name is incorrect, I found the part on ebay for £ 150 but it appears to be a single unit.

When I remove the seat it appears this crack will not introduce dust and so in the fusebox, battery and so compartments but being new to this I’m worried if not repaired may cause further issues. New, these units appear to go for R 4000, a bit heavy but if it must be done then so be it.

What else is available to prevent dirt, rocks and so on being kicked up to this piece of plastic?

2. Screw missing on front mud guard
Like the first one I don’t know whether I lost the screw (top one) or whether I got the bike like this. The others are pretty tight and the hex I have is pretty worn so don’t want to bugger up the screw by trying to remove it and taking it to a bike shop. The repair manual says it is a M5x12 screw but a quick google search suggest there are many different types and none of them look like the one I need.

Bike shops being closed makes this hard and know I have to get one and will find it easily I’m sure. I must also buy a better tool.

20170101_091338_zpsqwa9emqj.jpg

20170101_091406_zpsdmlzhqzu.jpg

Cheers
Tinus