Muden Mud - now with video added

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonW

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Boss Hoss (all models)
Like the rest of the country KZN has been getting its fair share of most welcome rain the past week.

Unfortunately rain isn't good for bike trips, so I had to cancel a big ride I had planned out to Impendle on Saturday.

Looking at weather reports for Sunday it seemed that although Impendle was a definite no because of all the rain, Muden might just be ok. In all my years of riding there, I have never seen it rain there. Hilton and Karkloof can be pouring with rain but Muden and Middelrus area will be a bone dry desert. Not great for the locals who try farm here, but great for bike riding.

So Kevin and I set off through Karkloof, the dirt section was a muddy mess, with me slipping and sliding all over the place. No rain while we were riding, but the previous few days downpour had done the damage.

Once into the dry thornveld of Rietvlei things immediately started looking up, there were pools of rainwater all over the place, but riding conditions were great.

Attachments

• mm4.jpg
    mm4.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 339
  • DSCF0749.jpg
    DSCF0749.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 346
  • DSCF0752.jpg
    DSCF0752.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 336
  • DSCF0748.jpg
    DSCF0748.jpg