UberThumper down in PTA :-(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hey Guy's

I have joined Grootseun today regarding crash stats :( I attended a useless meeting this morining in PTA, eventually I left and cruised up Prinsloo to turn right in to Skinner. I was in the outside lane that could turn left.

Was going about 30-35kmp/h when the dude on the inside lane turning right hit me just under the right hand side exhaust with his toyota taz and send me wobbeling, then flying of the bike (I can see my house from hereeeee!!!) and finally hitting the tar and rolled! I got in a flash to see my thumper on the floor and my top box still skidding with laptop and all.

I got up as soon as I touched down because I was afarid the the a-hole might drive over me, he must have changed his mind of turning right and decided to carry on stright....

However damage is not that bad, fucjed up righthand indicator (R400), scratches all over the windshield (replace with a dakar screen today :D ), the right hand exauhst cover plate badly scrathed (R375) and righthand rear pannel scratched some paint off.

We decided not to make anything of it, luckly I had my tools in my top box so I could re-alighnt my mirror and remount my top box. I didn't call the wife because she would have freaked out, infact I drove straight to Auto Alpina to get the stuff to fix my thumper.

I had my Rallye 2 Pro suit on and if it wasn't for ATGATT I would have gotten badly hurt. My lower right leg is a bit stiff and my hip also a bit stiff. I came down on the right hand side of my body elbow, hip and knee. The suit took it well just two little tares and some deep dirt mark from touch down, I cleaned most of ot off with "vanish".

Well that's it and be carefull!!!!