Honda Africa Twin Enduro (Who wants one?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Adendorff

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
As you should know here at Rockfox we tend to take on a little bit of a challenge every so often, Whether it is building a Rally bike from scratch to do the Amageza with, or refitting engines into dirt buggies. We are always up for a challenge.

So when the guys from ADA training academy came to us asking if we could design and manufacturer a Rally/Enduro Kit for the Honda CRF1000, what else could we say but YES!!!!

What are the basic parameters - “Simplify then add Lightness” - Colin Chapman (Founder of Lotus)

We started with gutting most of the bike, all the plastics, exhaust, one front brake calliper and disk.

Items to Design and Manufacture.
1. New Front Panels
2. New Screen
3. High front Mudguard
4. Fork Protectors to match mudguard
5. New Rear Panels
6. Exhaust De-Cat and Lighter end Can
7. New Single Seat

We are already a fair bit into the project and because I have a phobia for writing and taking photos I didn’t think to share it with you guys. But here it goes anyway, maybe someone likes what they see and I can make another set or two (holding thumbs)

We decided to make the kit modular. If you just want the high mudguard you can take that, if you want just the screen or front panels you can choose that or you can take the whole kit and completely transform your bike.

Firstly is just a photo of all the parts that we stripped of the bike. As you can see most of it is plastic apart from the rear footpegs,. These don’t need to be removed to fit our parts, we just want to lighten the bike as much as we can the easy way first.

This is just the Teaser, Please follow the main Post under Garage Projects.
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=204457.0

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170114_181204 (Medium).jpg
    20170114_181204 (Medium).jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Africa-Twin-HRC-Web.jpg
    Africa-Twin-HRC-Web.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,002