Steam Train Smokers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiLRoy

You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus!
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
First off - all vendor fees are paid :biggrin: :thumleft:

A friend and I are testing the market with 25 of these units.  If there is a demand and all the manufacturing issues are resolved we will proceed with this venture.

The unit is roughly based on the old Popular Mechanics drum smoker which I have been using with huge success for the past 6 odd years.  The differences are....

- we use brand new drums.  The challenge is to get them in such small qualities from the manufacturers (min order is 100 drums) and also to get them raw in order to apply the correct spec paint
- we spray the drums raw with proper mil spec heat resistant paint - claimed 750 degrees
- inside is treated with cooking oil - needs to get 'burned in' (see instructions)
- fitting are stainless and will last forever - these are beautifully turned s/s feet, lower vents, handles, STS laser cut utensils hanger, top handle, all nuts and bolts, lid hanger, T-bar and top rotating vent
- coal basket is proper think coated steel
- grid is normal size chrome weber grids - made for us

The drum holds its temp steadily at 100 degrees for 3h when correctly set.  after which i needs adjustment as the coals burn.

The idea is to expand the range all round the base drum.  not only Steam Tran branded mittens, aprons and caps, but also a cold smoke attachment, folding table, robust wheel attachments, etc

I can easily do 6 big whole chickens at a time.  I have done 12 'braaikuikens (900g-1kg)' on its sides.  My favourites are brisket, pork shoulder, chicken, fish, pork sausage.  But I am sure I will discover many more smoking applications.

Price from me for this batch is R3850.  Through resellers it will be around R4400.

See attached brochure and pics below.

Can order with me here or via PM.  Collect in Centurion.

I dont have any means to ship the drums yet.  I'm sure we will figure something out though.

Kilroy

Attachments

• STS brochure pdf.pdf
    548 KB · Views: 119