"Tradie" from Paarl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tradie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi guys and dolls!
My name is Gawie and I am a "Bike-aholic"! >:D

My dad used to be the Dealer principal at a well known Yamaha francise in Paarl years ago and I grew up with bikes. My first ride was a MR 50 mini-trail. Then a PW 80 and so on and so on. 8)
At 15 I rebuilt my first DT 50 and sold it for a profit just after i got my license at 16.
After a few rebuilds and spills, I ended up with a DT 50 that rivaled the RZ's and a SR 185.
I mucked arond in F.W.'s army for a year and met my wife after 2 years of trying to become a engineer at CPUT. Sold both bikes, my surf board and my mountan bike, to buy a wedding ring. ;)
Worth every sent. Happily married for 22 years now. To poor to make a change and to damn scared. :peepwall:
At her advice I bought a 600 Fazer for us on our 10th anniversary. Only place in my marraige where I am tottaly in control and she must just hang on.
Nice commuter and going one-up, but with a pillion, it is a pain in the backside! The Fazer, that is, you perverts.:p

That lost sole from Tulbach, said I must come join your forum if I wanted some sound advise on buying a new Stead. I'm 99% sure of trading the Fazer for a S10.

Well thats about it and about 95 % of the English I know, so thanks for letting me join. :thumleft: