Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: the tale of my 1190 RRRRRRRR  (Read 23026 times)

Online Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
Re: the tale of my 1190 RRRRRRRR
« Reply #440 on: September 17, 2019, 08:43:17 am »
Bugger man.  A loose connection sounds probable, I mean why would it just all of a sudden lose it's shit?

Offline Namakwalander

• Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
« Reply #441 on: September 17, 2019, 11:46:24 am »
Anyone know a KTM shop that actually answers emails and willing to send parts by Postnet? I would like to start getting my bike tip top again

Hoor by Philip hoe die diens by Rad moto was https://goo.gl/maps/9DAaNucivDntor5Z8

okay.
I have had big issues with the bike and generally was still positive.
This time I am not, the other things I broke, this is not my fault. The battery did not sort out the cluster!

50% chance I will have to replace the complete speedo cluster/head unit.
I will strip and check for a loose connection this afternoon and see what I find. Just maybe I am lucky. My front assembly does still have to much play so maybe the extra movement disconnected something, I will see if I can address that as well.

I did have for the first time ever some moisture inside the speedo after previous wash and shortly after my errors started popping up. Didn't think much of it at the time.

There is a number of cluster failures on the net, I was just hoping I could skip this one.

As jy die connectors nagaan, kan jy q20 spuit om vog uit te kry as die proppe verder as die seel uitgetrek het.

Otherwise, just out of curiosity, what does the starter and earth cables look like on the KTM and where do they connect? Almost sounds like one should be able to minimize volt drop during startup by looking into this. I have had a similar issue before, but not on a bike.
Born to be Mild

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #442 on: September 17, 2019, 11:49:52 am »
after a chat with a buddy who had had 990 speedo issues I am more hopeful that its fixable. I will open up and electro clean everything and hope for the best. Seems like the moisture could have been a bigger issue than I thought.

So I feel more hopeful now. Lets see what happens tonight.

Willie ek whatsapp jou gou om beter te verstaan
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
« Reply #443 on: September 29, 2019, 12:31:09 pm »
Just saw this on Facebook so putting it here for later reference. I have had to replace one before...

If you break the KTM clutch mount, the Magura (2700177) part is the same as the KTM (76513005000) but is MUCH cheaper.

On the speedo, I have a replacement unit now and all is fine.... With new battery as well so not sure if I actually had to replace battery.
Last time it was the same story, I replaced the rear speed/abs sensor with the battery so not to sure if it was actually necessary to replace battery then, and now same story.

Hindsight is brilliant

I actually struggled my ass of to get the battery to fit, I ordered the wrong battery, I repeated my previous Tracmac order forgetting that I have changed the Harley battery as well and now I was stuck with a battery one size to big. A mission but its in. Have to press the seat quite hard though to click in place.
And that's why I am not fitting the old one again to check if it was actually an issue or not.

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
« Reply #444 on: October 17, 2019, 07:35:32 am »
So, a lot has happened since previous update.
or rather
a lot has broken since previous update.
I will basically be restarting this thread. Not to pshyched though to update. It really feels like much of a muchness now, redoing old repairs.

Once I get all the parts, I will start with a long overdue refurbishment of my not so old bike. I will be fixing a lot and upgrading a little, including the looks. Holding thumbs I don't take forever as I normally do with these things.
From the top of my head
1. I have to reglue heated grips which came loose.I cant ignore it anymore
2. Replace front indicators. They are still the pre facelift model lights and looks crap
3. Repaint crashbars. I am tired of scratched stuff, I don't fall so much anymore
4. Replace rear plastic cover above rear wheel.....yes AF*%K*NGAIN. And yes I am supposed to have upgraded stopper on rear shock and yes I have progressive springs in and yes it still happened.
5. Replace battery. YES, the new one is FUBAR
6. Replace broken spoke on Excel front rim (I will fix bend once tyre is done, and Yes I know you are not supposed to sommer -et bend an excel rim :( )

That's all for now.

see the story for broken bits here
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241809.20
brokenness explained at reply #22.