We hate mist!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Red Adventure

The plan was for Strawberry Milkshake Solicitor and I to ride through Darling to Moorreesburg; ride up Piketberg Mountain and down the other side to Goedverwag and then home via Porterville Riebeeck Kasteel. :ricky:

Strawberrysbike.jpg

Solicitorsbike.jpg

RedAdvsbike.jpg

We met at Solicitor and Strawberryâ??s house at around 8.30am and were in no rush to get going, as the mist monster was still big.  :xxbah:

We rode though Kraaifontien, to the railway road that comes out at Fisantekraal village.
The thick mist fogged up our visors but sand coming off the front wheel made riding with an open visor painful. Strawberry decided to close her visor and try wiping it, but fog on the inside and dew on the out side made this impossible and yes you guessed it  :komet: that blind corner caught her attention to late. With no more road between her and a bakkie parked near the road she put the bike on itâ??s side and gracefully slid into one of these. :tard:

Roadsign.jpg

She is still unsure how her left leg landed on the exhaust at the header and burnt a hole in her riding pants.  :scratch:

PerdebergFall2.jpg

Luckily for her it was not through to her leg. She got up mumbling about her pants that messed up while Solicitor and I were very concerned for her.
(Him, because she had still cook and clean for him. Me because we work together and I had enough work already thank you.) No pictures were taken, as we are gentlemen you know. :imaposer:

We got off the gravel and headed for Atlantis, but when we got to the N7 the Wimpyâ??s coffee seemed the best place to be at  :3some: as the mist was starting to make a good dayâ??s ridding seem very depressing!  :xxbah:

After some coffee the mist started to clear so we rode through Atlantis; turned off at Mamre for the Westcoast road till Grotto Bay and then on a beautiful road up to Darling. :ricky: :drif:

After a quick toilet stop and finding out that us Wilddogs are not to be fed here,
Houserules.jpg

:laughing4: we headed for Moorreesburg on some good gravel roads.
The mist monster took over again and put a big dampener on this part of the ride. So when we got to the tar from Hopefield to Malmesbury and decided that Piketberg will have to wait for another trip. :xxbah:
After Mamesbury we decided to ride around the Pedeberg mountain and see if we could find this PERDEBERG road.

StrawberryandI.jpg

We did find a road leading into the mountain but one would need to pass the farmerâ??s house so we turned around.  ::) A farm worker came running over to us and convinces us to ride up the mountain as he said itâ??s a good road all the way up.
(He obviously doesnâ??t own a bike nor has he been up that road for some time!) :iamwithstupid:

Themountain.jpg

We started to climb and things didnâ??t seem to bad as the road was paved with bricks,  :ricky: but as we got further there were sections where the bricks are no more and the rains have made furrows. :evil6: Strawberry losses momentum and goes down for the seconded time. No pictures were taken, as we are gentlemen you know.  :mwink:
She convinced us that she wanted to keep going if I could just get her bike through there. :eek: I did this and while waiting for Solicitor I realize that Dakar number two hadnâ??t made it. :imaposer: Man I love this XCountry of mine.  :mwink:

GoingUp.jpg

I gaive him a hand and up, up we went. Suddenly I saw Strawberry wasnâ??t behind me again :sad5: and after picking up her bike (again) >:D we decided to call it a day and start to head back down. :sad2: This produced two more spectacular falls by Strawberry  :pot: and itâ??s now official that â??The Wesâ? has some stiff competition for the fallerâ??s cup.  :peepwall:

PerdebergFall1.jpg

So a pictures had to be taken.  :laughing4:

PerdebergFall3.jpg

We got back on level ground and found a shaded spot to regain our strengths and make sure that Strawberryâ??s leg wasnâ??t badly injured after her last fall.  :book1:

We headed home with only a few dents and some tamed egoâ??s, happy that the Lord had spared us of any serious injuries.  :thumleft:

Ladies and Gentlemen (Ok and Wilddogs) I give you one â??Tuff Womanâ?

TuffGirl.jpg

:notworthy: :wav: :wave: