WR 450 For Adventure riding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipskop

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
This thread will be to revive the old thread that seamed to have died a slow death .
Lets get all the latest , many questions on 400 and 450  bikes for Light Adventure riding, answered regarding, at least, the WR450.

I just got myself a WR450 . This and the DRZ400E are going to be my primary bikes for now.
I just realized n year or so back that I am not into the touring thing any more and like to do day or overnight trips mostly.
So the GS1200 is SOLD !---and I don`t miss her although I thoroughly enjoyed the bike for 6 years---so that must have been the right decision then to sell I suppose ?
So .
1.) The WR has a bit of a backfire and kickback when E starting, cold and hot.
    I would appreciate the experienced guys to give some input here please.
2.) I pushed  the front forks through the fork clamps by 33 mm and would like to drop the same on the rear---HOW TO ?
3.) I also need very light soft pannier bags and light racks to protect the bags from the exhaust and rear wheel.
4.) All ideas of keeping the bike light for the 2 day trips and any tips to keep the WR going and looking after her will be welcome
      I want to travel very light for day and one nighters--Rucksack and small tail-bag and maybe small side pannier-bags.
This will be all for today---

Attachments

• WR1.jpg
    WR1.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 543
  • wr.jpg
    wr.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 542