Another Bang for Buck thread. Puzey bikes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omninorm

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure
Some years ago I looked at Puzey and the bikes etc and came to the conclusion that it's cheap Chinese stuff that doesn't last or that's way under specked.

Because of the other Benelli thread I had a look at their site and some of the Puzey brand bikes and I think they have come a long long way from when I first looked at them.
Interesting 2 stroke and 4 stroke Enduro bikes for Way way way more affordable than the competing European brands.
I'm left wondering how does these bikes compare?

Some of the engines are Italian and some Chinese by Lonchin
For instance the Puzey XTR4 300,  BMR300 2 stroke , BSE XV250 Enduro and so on.

https://www.bikerswarehouse.co.za/modelPages/puzeyBRM300.html

Looking at the prices you can buy new with warranty Enduro bike for a hell of a lot cheaper than a really old Honda 230 or KDX200. I think the xv250 is actually an exact copy of the Honda 230 engine.  KTM 200's with over 200 hours on for R64k etc pre owned is common. I see a BRM300 finished 3rd at Roof of Africa so it can't be that bad.
With bike prices going where they are going, how realistic is it to buy a 300cc Puzey as an Enduro toy vs a old ktm etc and ride it for day 3 or 4 years?

Just nice to see a local dude actually doing this but not a real lot of local support.
I suspect reasoning is that the bikes  are Chinese thus not good?