Mounting a Garmin Virb Elite on KTM1190 Adventure R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinusBez

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
Evening ladies and gents

I want to mount my garmin virb elite (white one, not the new ones) on my bike however, I cannot do this with the kit supplied with the camera nor the mounts when I bought the zumo 395LM. \
I have a small space between the headlight and screen (I have a small screen) where I can perhaps do something and control everything through the zumo. It is a bit tight in that small space but think I can secure it with cable ties. This won't work because I'd have to cut the ties to transfer data unless I run a really long cable from the bike to my PC. Charging can be taken care of using the 12v socket. 

Other options include the crash bar mount otherwise known as a tube mount but I don't have this (cost R400 and have other priorities).
Helmet mount does not work, my helmet is full of curves and stuff. The best fit will be just above the visor but that introduces another problem in that the visor can't open.

It is very annoying to find that whenever you're looking for a part that it costs a small fortune for such a basic thing. If I had a 3D printer I'd print the stuff myself but they really went for un-user friendly.

I'm looking for el-chepo ways, share you're ideas please. Alternatively I'm equally happy to swap bits for stuff that actually work. I've seen a guy in traffic on a 1190 and his virb mounted via tube mount on the front crash bar. Suppose the risk is in the event of an off the camera will be a write off.

I have the out of the box zumo and virb mounts, used two of virb ones though.