Honda Transalp 700 - much needed TLC and complete overhaul

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy Muzzy

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I have decided that because these bikes are not worth their value when you sell them I may as well make her look pretty again, not only outside but inside.

I have taken my transalp to a few places I shouldn't have with my level of riding skill, as a result it has suffered its fair share of offroad dings and scratches.. to the point where I was considering stripping it and making it a naked bike, however when I tried to do this my skill level of modifying bikes was seriously questioned. So I have decided to completely strip and redo the entire bike and do it in a way that I have always wanted.

I have just pulled the motor and done a complete rebuild which was done by bikernetics in CT. They have done a fantastic job. Complete rebuild cost R12k, the reason why I decided to do a rebuild was 2 fold. 1) I have put on a few km.. its probably sitting on 70 000km now and 2) I picked up a knock in the motor , I suspect from low oil level which was a mistake made when doing a service... well that's what I suspect.

So motor has been completely redone and is looking sweet, I cant wait to hear her run.

For the body work here is my idea. As most know I may be a bit of a Honda fan, and for moto GP its fair to say i'm a Repsol Honda fan, so in line with always wanting a Repsol Honda, I'm going to try and do it justice on this bike..

This is just a basic photoshop representation to give me a guideline as to the overall basic look, it will change a lot when I actually draw the lines and see what fits where.