Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Asshole Bikers in traffic  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Poffmuis

• aka Newguy
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Rally rally rally
Re: Asshole Bikers in traffic
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2017, 07:16:02 am »
I'm still happier commuting with the car.....

Come now...lets not kid ourselves  ;)

:lol8:

Seriously, I'm too stressed to commute the Ben Schoeman every day, which makes it totally unenjoyable. Plus I get so much smiles from the Scooby.

Give me breakaways and weekends on the boney and I'm happy.

Same here, I'm much more relaxed and less tired in the afternoon since I stopped commuting by bike. You dont realise how much energy it takes to concentrate on what traffic is doing when you commute by bike. I commute between Centurion and Sandton every day and on normal days it takes me about 5 min longer.
Accident days are obviously kak in the car.

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2017, 07:51:09 am »
Riding my bike every day is my stress reliever and my therapy. My happy place. My Zen. I was a miserable shit when I was commuting by car.
Rain, shine, wind etc. I love the fact that I am privileged enough to ride.
If I wasn't riding my bike I would have been a seriously depressed person...
45min total commute time on bike vs 2 hours 45 min by cage and that's IF all goes well.
It usually ends up to be 3 hours. Not to mention how kak it was on a Friday afternoon.

I'm like some others here... I'm friendly I don't let people piss me off 99% of the time.
I give way if I feel the pace is too fast between cars, I also don't sit on another motorcyclists backside and pressure them.
I wave and say thanks...and when people turn in front of me or does something stupid I don't react at all unless it was a real close call or someone was being a complete d__s.
Yeah it's dangerous, but so is getting out the shower I guess.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:57:00 am by Omninorm »
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2017, 07:56:56 am »
@Omninorm - we all process our environment and stress differently. For me riding my bike MUST be an enjoyable experience. Commuting on the Ben Schoeman was not.

Like Poffmuis, it takes me no more that 5min extra to get to work or back home. I drive very early so even an accident doesn't really effect me in the mornings. The afternoons are obviously different, but it is still worth it to keep my biking enjoyable to me.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2017, 08:03:14 am »
@Omninorm - we all process our environment and stress differently. For me riding my bike MUST be an enjoyable experience. Commuting on the Ben Schoeman was not.

Like Poffmuis, it takes me no more that 5min extra to get to work or back home. I drive very early so even an accident doesn't really effect me in the mornings. The afternoons are obviously different, but it is still worth it to keep my biking enjoyable to me.

100% VintageMania.
I can respect that. I also feel one needs to trust your gut. If you feel that it's stressful or not in ones comfort zone one should listen. I often see fellow bikers that I truly believe should not be riding in traffic for some or other reason.
Death grip or clearly freaked out or placing themselves in awkward spaces or...as the topic says.... being assholes in traffic, way too stressed and agresssive.

There was this dude on my commute a while back , he was racing then a car would just be a little too wide he would go apeshit. Shaking his head raving, then gunning it again. Bangs on the busses etc etc. This was an almost every day occurrence. I just hung back all the time or made space and I would always be no more than a few car lengths behind when he turned off. Imagine that guys day. He just left home on his way to work. He has to still get through a whole day and commute back.  :lol8:

I don't see him anymore.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:05:13 am by Omninorm »
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2017, 08:38:18 am »
I don't see him anymore.

Yes, also seen some of these hyper guys on bikes in traffic. Always wonder how someone with that much anger gets through a day without killing someone.

I commute on my bike every day, whatever the weather. I actually enjoy it. I've been training all the cagers  :lol8: on my usual route by being very courteous, waving thanks, making space, etc. I think they are beginning recogncise and associate my bright orange headlight with "the friendly biker", because more and more the cars on my commute make extra space for me, toot a friendly hello, etc. Making life more enjoyable allround. The few miserable ones I just ignore - they don't matter.

Happy commuting home today, boet!  :salut:

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2017, 09:39:50 am »
I don't see him anymore.

Yes, also seen some of these hyper guys on bikes in traffic. Always wonder how someone with that much anger gets through a day without killing someone.

I commute on my bike every day, whatever the weather. I actually enjoy it. I've been training all the cagers  :lol8: on my usual route by being very courteous, waving thanks, making space, etc. I think they are beginning recogncise and associate my bright orange headlight with "the friendly biker", because more and more the cars on my commute make extra space for me, toot a friendly hello, etc. Making life more enjoyable allround. The few miserable ones I just ignore - they don't matter.

Happy commuting home today, boet!  :salut:

:salut:

I was wondering if this chick with her post and the fallout somehow got out.
People were on average SUPER nice today. One oke went around a circle, it was actually his right of way, but he said sorry a few times.
One car almost went into the bus lane as they tried to make space.

Cagers are generally nice or just mind their own thing. It's people being deliberate that brings their name down as much as ours I guess.
Morale of the story - just be courteous on the roads.

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2017, 09:41:37 am »
Morale of the story - just be courteous on the roads.

:thumleft:

Just don't be a proes straat pretoria.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline Dirkie GS

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Met gees
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2017, 04:14:56 pm »
Poffmuis
Was jy nou nou op jou grom?  Ou jhb pad?
keep calm and trust in God

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2017, 11:13:59 am »
There was a guy on a GS in traffic this morning who was hooting at cars for not making space for him to lane split
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline PierreO

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2017, 11:29:27 am »
There was a guy on a GS in traffic this morning who was hooting at cars for not making space for him to lane split

Maybe it was JC . HE did say he was a bit late this morning .

Offline LaurieG

• Bike: Zero (all models)
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2017, 10:30:45 pm »

Ja dwerg there's always one guy messing it up for all.whatta fool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dunnes

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Name: Dickie Talma
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2017, 11:27:02 pm »
A highschool laaitie was lane splitting in front of me today on the way home. He bumped a lady's mirror and just continued ahead. She was actually incredibly cool about it. She just bent the mirror back and smiled. I couldn't get to the guy, because the gap was too small (for me, with panniers). I thought of following him to "leer die mannetjie maniere", but I cooled of and carried on.

Klein donner

Offline bronzy

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • the older i get the faster i was !!!
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2017, 04:26:23 pm »
Breaking a mirror on one of the new cars is no joke they can cost 10k to replace.