Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2017  (Read 26123 times)

Offline Cracker

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
    • View Profile
Re: MotoGP 2017
« Reply #320 on: June 26, 2017, 12:35:52 pm »
How about that ride by Cal Crutchlow? He was a good 5-6 seconds behind the podium group but managed to catch them and so very nearly got 3rd

When conditions get dicey he seems to get quicker, not sure if its him as a rider or whether bad conditions just level the playing field for the bikes.

He's English - rides wet better than dry. Cold better than hot. That's what he grew up on.

Lorenzo seems to be scared of wet/cold for some reason, yet he's so fast on dry.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline Losper

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Bloemfontein
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 26, 2017, 01:35:23 pm »
Also interesting to see how the wet influences some riders, Rabat and Pedrosa had a tough time in qualifying. 
2016 Honda Africa Twin
2014 KTM 300 XCW
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Offline DirtRebell

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 26, 2017, 01:50:02 pm »
I am new to MotoGP
Why is Lorenzo struggling so much, he is one of the top riders???

Saw this on FB this morning - possibly the best answer me thinks :imaposer: :spitcoffee:

Dear George,

Gigi call me last night. He is a little bit, how you say, concerned you are not OK.

I think he call me because I was once team-mate with you, and maybe I know how is the best way to stop you when you start to make the hissing and bite the mechanics.

I tell Gigi that when you become the Mamba, Lin always take the firehose and shoot water at you because you don’t like the water and you run away and stop biting.

Then we build the wall. Remember the wall? It work very well.

It was little bit hard to hear everything Gigi say. The music was very loud, but I also hear Davide crying and saying “Bayliss, Bayliss, Bayliss…” in background.

You remember how the post-race parties are when you win. Or maybe not, ha ha! Anyway, I dance all night with big Dutch girls in yellow bikinis.

Never mind. That was a great race, no? I know you did not see much of it. I know when I have the penalty and must start from the back of the grid is very difficult to push to the front, but I always try, yes?

So yes, to come from 21st position is very hard.

I am a little bit sorry if I scare you when I lap you. I was very surprised. It is the first time I see the back-markers for many years. You are bringing this back, yes? That is very exciting for the fans.

Maybe you did not see me? Gigi tell me you had your eyes closed for much of the race.

My friend, Danilo, who was behind me and we make great race together, say to me he see much water come from under your helmet.

“How is come this water?” I ask.  Danilo say to me: “Was salty.”

I say to him: “Must be water from the North Sea.” And then we laugh together with the Dutch girls. Ha ha ha!

I think maybe is better for you next year. If Harley-Davidson buy Ducati, then will be good to see how you race the new Ducati Ultra Fat FXSRRR GP bike.

Or maybe I will buy Ducati. And then I will be your boss. Ha ha! That will be very funny, no?

I must now make preparation for Sachsenring. The championship is very close. I am now only seven points from the lead. But you must not worry about this.

You are two points behind Danilo in eighth position. This is make Danilo very happy. He say maybe Gigi will take some octopus from your bike and put it into his.

I say to him, “The octopus will already be salty!”

And then we laugh again. Ha ha ha!

Ciao,

Vale

Offline TheBear

« Reply #323 on: June 26, 2017, 02:16:35 pm »
I am new to MotoGP

He was a top rider on the Yamaha only.  He never rode another make of bike and it seems that he is finding it very hard, near impossible, to adapt to the Ducati.  Why, I cannot say as the Ducatis, for the first time in some years, seem to be properly competitive.  It is clear that he had lost also all confidence in himself and the bike when it is wet.   
.#BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #324 on: June 26, 2017, 02:17:23 pm »
I am new to MotoGP

Saw this on FB this morning - possibly the best answer me thinks :imaposer: :spitcoffee:

Dear George,

Gigi call me last night. He is a little bit, how you say, concerned you are not OK.

I think he call me because I was once team-mate with you, and maybe I know how is the best way to stop you when you start to make the hissing and bite the mechanics.

I tell Gigi that when you become the Mamba, Lin always take the firehose and shoot water at you because you don’t like the water and you run away and stop biting.

It was little bit hard to hear everything Gigi say. The music was very loud, but I also hear Davide crying and saying “Bayliss, Bayliss, Bayliss…” in background.

You remember how the post-race parties are when you win. Or maybe not, ha ha! Anyway, I dance all night with big Dutch girls in yellow bikinis.

Never mind. That was a great race, no? I know you did not see much of it. I know when I have the penalty and must start from the back of the grid is very difficult to push to the front, but I always try, yes?

I am a little bit sorry if I scare you when I lap you. I was very surprised. It is the first time I see the back-markers for many years. You are bringing this back, yes? That is very exciting for the fans.

Maybe you did not see me? Gigi tell me you had your eyes closed for much of the race.

My friend, Danilo, who was behind me and we make great race together, say to me he see much water come from under your helmet.

I say to him: “Must be water from the North Sea.” And then we laugh together with the Dutch girls. Ha ha ha!

I think maybe is better for you next year. If Harley-Davidson buy Ducati, then will be good to see how you race the new Ducati Ultra Fat FXSRRR GP bike.

Or maybe I will buy Ducati. And then I will be your boss. Ha ha! That will be very funny, no?

I must now make preparation for Sachsenring. The championship is very close. I am now only seven points from the lead. But you must not worry about this.

You are two points behind Danilo in eighth position. This is make Danilo very happy. He say maybe Gigi will take some octopus from your bike and put it into his.

Ciao,

Vale

Are you following all the Dear George letters?  There are some truly hilarious ones.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline 2StrokeDan

« Reply #325 on: June 26, 2017, 03:43:46 pm »
I am new to MotoGP

He was a top rider on the Yamaha only.  He never rode another make of bike and it seems that he is finding it very hard, near impossible, to adapt to the Ducati.  Why, I cannot say as the Ducatis, for the first time in some years, seem to be properly competitive.  It is clear that he had lost also all confidence in himself and the bike when it is wet.

Some riders, like oorlede Mike Hailwood, has the ability to ride around problems, and make do with a less than perfect bike. Not Jorge. He was only good on a perfect bike.

Offline Losper

• Bloemfontein
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 26, 2017, 04:03:02 pm »
I am new to MotoGP

Dear George,

Ciao,

Vale

Are you following all the Dear George letters?  There are some truly hilarious ones.
Where do you guy's get to see the "Dear George" letters?
2016 Honda Africa Twin
2014 KTM 300 XCW

Offline TheBear

« Reply #327 on: June 26, 2017, 04:23:20 pm »
I am new to MotoGP

Dear George,

Ciao,

Vale

Where do you guy's get to see the "Dear George" letters?

I have to come to await the latest "Dear George" letter with more anticipation than the latest BMW recall!   :imaposer:

http://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/category/blogs/dear-george/
.#BRADICAL!

Offline DirtRebell

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 26, 2017, 04:23:56 pm »
I am new to MotoGP

Dear George,

Ciao,

Vale

no, please post the link :thumleft:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #329 on: June 26, 2017, 04:25:06 pm »
I am new to MotoGP

Some riders, like oorlede Mike Hailwood, has the ability to ride around problems, and make do with a less than perfect bike. Not Jorge. He was only good on a perfect bike.

Indeed!  Also, George was never much of a dog fighter.  He is super smooth and super fast in a really good bike and while in front.  Just cannot fight like a terrier.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline EtienneXplore

• previously KnopKop
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
    • View Profile
    • www.etiennexplore.com
« Reply #330 on: June 26, 2017, 04:56:25 pm »

There is a Facebook Group, it is moer funny!

https://web.facebook.com/deargeorge99/

:laughing4:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #331 on: June 26, 2017, 07:05:07 pm »
I am new to MotoGP

Dear George,

Ciao,

Vale

http://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/category/blogs/dear-george/
.#BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #332 on: June 28, 2017, 12:21:34 pm »
Interesting tidbit from MotoGP.

Honda HRC decided not to renew their contract with Jack Miller fro next year.  This means that if the Marc VDS team whished to keep on using Jack, they would have to pay his salary and lease the bike from Honda.  Marc VDS, quickly decided to also not renew their contract with Jack, so he is without a ride.

Marc VDS just announced that they will, "promote" Franco Morbidelli from their own Moto2 team to their MotoGP team at the end of this season.  It seems HRC is happy with this and the deal between Marc VDS and HRC will be renewed.

The interesting bit, for me anyway, is that Franco Morbidelli is a member of the VR46 Academy and as such, he will be the first rider from the VR46 Academy, to make it into Moto2 MotoGP, with the owner of the academy still racing.  A true situation of master versus student.   
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:02:11 pm by TheBear »
.#BRADICAL!

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 28, 2017, 12:39:26 pm »
I feel sorry for old Jack, he's actually doing a descent job IMO
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

Offline Losper

• Bloemfontein
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 28, 2017, 01:15:06 pm »
Interesting tidbit from MotoGP.

Honda HRC decided not to renew their contract with Jack Miller fro next year.  This means that if the Marc VDS team whished to keep on using Jack, they would have to pay his salary and lease the bike from Honda.  Marc VDS, quickly decided to also not renew their contract with Jack, so he is without a ride.

Marc VDS just announced that they will, "promote" Franco Morbidelli from their own Moto2 team to their MotoGP team at the end of this season.  It seems HRC is happy with this and the deal between Marc VDS and HRC will be renewed.

The interesting bit, for me anyway, is that Franco Morbidelli is a member of the VR46 Academy and as such, he will be the first rider from the VR46 Academy, to make it into Moto2, with the owner of the academy still racing.  A true situation of master versus student.
Thank you for the above,  can you perhaps give me more info:
Who is Marc VDS Racing?
Is Jack the owner and how does he benefit from sponsoring this very very expensive sport?
To me it makes sense that Honda and Yamaha sponsors riders because they get advertising out of it but VDS Racing, who are they?
Please excuse my stupidity :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 01:37:26 pm by Losper »
2016 Honda Africa Twin
2014 KTM 300 XCW

Offline TheBear

« Reply #335 on: June 28, 2017, 01:45:31 pm »
Thank you for the above,  can you perhaps give me more info:
Who is Marc VDS Racing?
Is Jack the owner and how does he benefit from sponsoring this very very expensive sport?
To me it makes sense that Honda and Yamaha sponsors riders because they get advertising out of it but VDS Racing, who are they?
Please excuse my stupidity :)

- Who is Marc VDS racing?  See link:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_VDS_Racing_Team
- Jack is not the owner of the team.  He is just the rider of one of their bikes.  Jack did not sponsor anything.  He is the one being sponsored.  In his case by Honda.  Honda has now cancelled that contract.
- By MotoGP rules, the factory teams contract to enter 2 bikes per factory and then supply at least two more bikes to a satelite team.  Tech 3 Yamaha in the case of Yamaha and LCR Honda in the case of Honda.  They can then also sell, or supply bikes to other teams, such as Marc VDS who, although you don't know them, is well know in racing circles.  They are, for instance currently leading the 2017 Moto2 Championship. 
- The factories like Honda, Yamaha and Ducati, often do a deal with a rider who is not riding in their factory team for various reasons.  One is that it is a sort of retainer.  If he shapes he may well move up to the factory team.  Another is that the rider is very popular and as such the factory can use him in advertising and promotions, etc.  So, you often find that Yamaha, Honda and Ducati have riders on their "payroll" who is not directly racing for them.

Hope this helps.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Losper

• Bloemfontein
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 28, 2017, 02:15:23 pm »
Thank you TheBear,  a few more questions if you dont mind:

Yes I know Jack Miller is the rider, I actually thought the old bearded man that is always with Jack Miller name is also Jack,  I think he is the owner of VDS Racing??
I still don't understand how VDS Racing would benefit from spending all that money,  what product are they advertising, nothing??

My other question is: when does a rider qualify to move up from Moto3 to Moto2 and again on to MotoGP?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:16:12 pm by Losper »
2016 Honda Africa Twin
2014 KTM 300 XCW

Offline bud500

« Reply #337 on: June 28, 2017, 02:52:23 pm »

The interesting bit, for me anyway, is that Franco Morbidelli is a member of the VR46 Academy and as such, he will be the first rider from the VR46 Academy, to make it into Moto2 MotoGP, with the owner of the academy still racing.  A true situation of master versus student.

Corrected.
May the bridges I burn light the way...

Offline bud500

« Reply #338 on: June 28, 2017, 02:54:52 pm »

I still don't understand how VDS Racing would benefit from spending all that money,  what product are they advertising, nothing??

Beer. The answer is always beer.  :biggrin: Estrillia Galicia 0,0 (Spelling?)

My other question is: when does a rider qualify to move up from Moto3 to Moto2 and again on to MotoGP?

There is no set rule in terms of age or experience or past results, as far as I know.
May the bridges I burn light the way...

Offline Losper

• Bloemfontein
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 28, 2017, 03:00:00 pm »
I am sure there must be some sort of rule or something other wise there would be 60riders in MotoGP ( sponsors permitting )
2016 Honda Africa Twin
2014 KTM 300 XCW