Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2017  (Read 16989 times)

Offline TheBear

Re: MotoGP 2017
« Reply #560 on: November 14, 2017, 02:51:41 pm »
Zarco already faster than the factory boys on the 2017 bike, LOL!!!

Is there a site that indicates which bike, or variant of bike, is in use?  Crash.net only shows times, so no way for me to see who is on which bike? 
.#BRADICAL!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 14, 2017, 02:51:53 pm »
I think Jorge Lorenzo and Ducati goes together nicely.

Offline Ventana

• Bike: BMW F800GS
  • De Colores!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 14, 2017, 03:13:37 pm »
What a race and well done to Marc. Nobody else can save a crash like that. He is not my favourite rider but he deserves it.

And then. Jorge is the biggest d00s I have ever seen. Murphy is a bliksem he deserves to end up in the kitty litter. I hope he gets the grilling of Ducati management that he deserves. Tonsil.

So my daughter asks me while we are watching 'Mapping 8' messages and pitboards with '-1' on the screen whether Jorge is more loyal to his Spanish compadre (MM) or to his Italian team and Italian team mate.....interesting observation considering she never watches Moto GP.....
De Colores!

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 14, 2017, 03:34:22 pm »
That is interesting indeed.

There are guys who have been watching MotoGP for years, and also think the same as someone who knows nothing about the sport.
Maak soos Dr Phil s: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Bachelor Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 14, 2017, 04:03:36 pm »
That is interesting indeed.

There are guys who have been watching MotoGP for years, and also think the same as someone who knows nothing about the sport.

:imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #565 on: November 15, 2017, 10:20:36 am »
Lorenzo was towing Dovi towards the front runners. Go check the times. And then they both came short.

I don't believe JL's towing explanation was the reality

Dovi's fastest lap was slightlyy faster than JL.  From lap 3 to 18 Dovi was faster than JL on just over half the 16 laps.  JL also never caught up to Pedrosa. On lap 7 he was 4/10s behind DP.  Later,  by 17 a full second.  He was losing ground to DP and therefore not capable of towing Dovi closer.

A rider, while racing can possibly not make these minute calculations and should therefore trust his team.  If they request a move over, they probably have a very good reason for it. 

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:21:26 am by TheBear »
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 15, 2017, 10:41:26 am »
Ever heard of slipstreaming? Like in qualifying when the slower guys try and tag onto a faster guy to improve a few tenths.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #567 on: November 15, 2017, 10:54:04 am »
Ever heard of slipstreaming? Like in qualifying when the slower guys try and tag onto a faster guy to improve a few tenths.

I have, indeed.  I have also seen it in action many times. 

Slipstreaming is a very helpful tool to enable two, or more, riders to catch up to another group.  This is especially prevalent in the smaller classes, such as Moto3.  There is a caveat though.  Slipstreaming is only helpful in a race if the guy in the slipstream overtakes the guy in front of him and then they do it again on the next lap, i.e.  JL drags Dovi along, Dovi overtakes.  Next lap Dovi drags JL along and he overtakes.  They keep this up till they can actually start slipstreaming the guy they are chasing.  The fact that they were losing ground to DP, instead of gaining tells us, the JL method was not working.

Qualifying is something else all together, since the slipstream is only required for one fast lap.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:54:47 am by TheBear »
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 15, 2017, 10:56:16 am »
And still, not one front wheel shown by Dovi?

Ok then

Offline TheBear

« Reply #569 on: November 15, 2017, 11:03:05 am »

Ok then

I seem to remember a wheel shown a time or two.   Of course, you and I have to base our opinions on only seeing Dovi and JL together for a small portion of the race as the cameras spend lots of time on other riders.  Neither of us can therefore state, with any level of certainty whether a wheel was shown or not.  :thumleft:

.#BRADICAL!

Offline Amsterdam

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: November 15, 2017, 11:11:35 am »

Ok then

Not with much forcefulness.  I agree that it is very unlikely that Dovi would have been able to get there even if Lorenzo had let him pass.  And the end result of the season would not have changed one iota.  But in your enthusiastic defence of Lorenzo you continue to ignore that Lorenzo ignored team orders, did not get Dovi any closer, has been the weaker rider in the team all year and now in this crucial race only worked to enhance his reputation as a turd.  And that is okay, loyal supporters are needed by all.  But to say that Lorenzo was actually helping is stretching it all a bit.  Now, if my favourite racer VR46 had done this to Dovi then I would have seen that he was trying his best to help his mate.
Husqvarna 701, KTM 690R, KTM 1190 Adventure

The following users thanked this post: RobD

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 15, 2017, 11:43:48 am »
The feeling I get is that the ones most upset by Lorenzo's actions, are the Rossi fanboys who would rather have anyone else win than Marquez.

You know, the ones who are all "Rossi forever, I will never support anyone else, MotoGP is nothing without him"...

The ones who jumped ship to Dovi supporters the second their idol fell out of contention for the title.

:laughing7:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #572 on: November 15, 2017, 11:46:53 am »
The feeling I get is that the ones most upset by Lorenzo's actions, are the Rossi fanboys who would rather have anyone else win than Marquez.

You know, the ones who are all "Rossi forever, I will never support anyone else, MotoGP is nothing without him"...

The ones who jumped ship to Dovi supporters the second their idol fell out of contention for the title.

:laughing7:

It seems that your arguments are not based in any fact, but rather your dislike for Rossi.  Even in this situation where he was not involved in anyway, your "feeling" is leading you in a very specific direction. 

Such a "feeling" is more often than not, only useful to indicate that it is time to go get some Imodium.   >:D

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:47:18 am by TheBear »
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 15, 2017, 11:49:41 am »
It seems that your arguments are not based in any fact,

Likewise

Offline TheBear

« Reply #574 on: November 15, 2017, 11:57:05 am »
It seems that your arguments are not based in any fact,

Likewise

True, to some extend, but at least mine are based on facts as I see it and understand it, rather than some "feeling" based on a dislike for some guy.   :ricky:
.#BRADICAL!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Bachelor Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 15, 2017, 02:10:06 pm »
Dovidioso has displayed great talent over the last few years, but imo the bikes he was on always hampered him.

This was his best year ever on the Duke, but if you look at some of his incredible performances this season, then his last race was lacklustre.

While Lorenzo did not obey team orders, I believe that even if he did, Dove's crash showed that he himself was on the bikes limit, ad would have ended in that position.

I dislike the Ducati marque, but I would have been happy to see Dovi win the WC.

I am happy that MM won it, because he rode to win it.

I would have been happy above all for Rossi or Vinhales to take it, because they are on my brand.

I am sorry about one thing, that is that Pedrosa took the win of the last race from Zarco.

Offline Amsterdam

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 15, 2017, 04:26:41 pm »
Last words on this saga as I dont care enough to keep this going. Have a read of May Oxleys piece.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/motogp/team-spirit-not-team-orders
Husqvarna 701, KTM 690R, KTM 1190 Adventure

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • View Profile
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #577 on: November 15, 2017, 07:09:51 pm »
If Dovi was capable of passing JL, which he wasnt, he would have crashed earlier....

And VR suig hol..

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Bachelor Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 15, 2017, 07:18:14 pm »
What I can say is that MM looks quite lame trying to copy the master at the little "victory tricks" like that stupid dice. ::)

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • View Profile
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #579 on: November 15, 2017, 07:29:29 pm »
What I can say is that MM looks quite lame trying to copy the master at the little "victory tricks" like that stupid dice. ::)

Yeah, that dice was lame :imaposer: but my dog, that kid can ride