My new Super Tenere

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 21093

Pack Dog
Reaction score
I have been thinking  for some time to upgrade from my XT66R to a Sten, then i made up my mind i wanted one, the search was on!
I missed out on a verry nice one in Durban by a few hours so started searching again
I then decided to advertise my 660 and was basically sold in a day to a lucky dog in Richardsbay
I saw an ad for a Sten in George looked really nice so contacted Charl from Yamaha George, gave me a rundown on the bike, problem is I live in Mooi River KZN
Thanks to Tony the boney and Jakals who gave me some background on the bike, i gave Charl a hard time and kept on asking several questions
So comes Saterday the 14/01/2017, my 660 was picked up, I was going to fly to George and ride back, the girlfriend felt like a road trip so we decided to drive down and load the bike on the bakkie and drive back. Sunday morning 02:00 we hit the road, arrived in George at 16:00 Sunday afternoon.
Monday morning go to Yamaha and unfortunately Charl was in Johannesburg on busyness I looked at the bike , went for a quick ride, then met Liezel to do all paperwork then load the bike, oops the fork seal is leaking, a quick call to Charl and all was sorted. Left George at 11:00 and arrived back in Mooi River at 02:30 Tuesday morning, tired as hell but happy
Yamaha George fitted a new front tire, new battery and air filter for me, they also paid for the fork seals, which was done by Yamaha Pinetown
A big thanks to Charl, Liezel and the Mechanic at Yamaha George, Great service guys!!!!!!!
Now for some Pics

Been for a few rides, the girlfriend loves it, one happy bunny ;D