Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: New Zealand  (Read 3672 times)

Offline Young1

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: New Zealand
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 11:18:31 am »
Welcome to New Zealand, we are in Taranaki

Mike
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds. Explore. Dream. Discover.H Jackson Brown
Europe trip 2014 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971014

Offline andrew5336

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 03:21:59 pm »
I'm keen to move there - cousins are there and it's incredible.

If you love the outdoors (MTB, running, paddling, fishing and motorbikes) it's heaven.

Agree with original post - it's like SA was when I was young and the people are humble and happy to live a simpler, more basic and less "rat race chase the money" type life which suits me well...

Less regulated than I thought - actually pretty free - within reason.

And the scenery...

Offline WILLY G

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 09:16:08 pm »
Hi Guys

Wife and I visited her sister in Auckland in Feb.I must say what a beautiful country.We did a bit of touring on the North Island and did not see a pedestrian on the highways.The speed limits are 50kph in city and 100kph on highways which might seem slow but not if everyone is obeying speed limits and no one is riding on your arse forcing you to move over ( its illegal anyway ) all vehicles must undergo WOF ( warranty of fitness ) every twelve months so no unroadworthy vehicles in sight.The people are friendly even supermarket staff are polite and helpful unlike our locals who think they doing you a favour.The public transport system is 1st world,safe and clean.One has no fear when walking in the city at night.One thing that struck me....no burglar bars,high walls or security.Oh yes there is crime but nowhere near the scale we have at home.Property is ridiculously expensive in Auckland just looking at the for sale ads basic 3 bedroomed prefab house NZD 700 000 ( seven bar in our wonderful strong rondts ) so most people rent.You would definitely miss your braai as outside wood fires not permitted.The huge variety of organic food is a bonus and i must say the lamb is delicious ( grass fed ) cant believe sheep out number people approx 40 million  to about 4.5 million people.

Made a point of following their news while i was there... still do ( NZ Herald ) nothing is reported on the goings on in S.A ( Zuma,Guptas,Gordhan etc ) we stewing in our own cesspool.
Would i move there?
Well 1st of all i love my country ( without crime and corruption of course )
Capetonian through and through no better place.
Too old and poor...maybe 20 years ago?
My business would not succeed there...I'm in  wholesale confectionery distribution....they dont have informal sector ( spaza and house shops ) and population numbers.

There are job opportunities i hear, especially in the construction sector.They love us hard working saffers  :ricky:

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 08:33:07 pm »
The huge variety of organic food is a bonus and i must say the lamb is delicious ( grass fed ) cant believe sheep out number people approx 40 million  to about 4.5 million people.

Grass fed lamb is delicious? Surely you kid. My sister did me the HUGE favour of marrying a Northern Cape sheep farmer, may she be blessed forever and ever. On top of the wonderful gravel roads leading there, I couldn't eat a bland little grass fed lamb if it was the last piece of meat on earth  :imaposer:

Cape Town isn't yet as bad as Jozi, but with the criminals following the money to iKapa I guess it's just a matter of time. But I'll stick it out, even though I could work anywhere. I love this country, fu as it is.
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3005,00 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Grogs

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2017, 08:00:06 pm »
NZ is such a cool place .we are going again in August.Wish i could move there,  just too old :P.Wanna take my Katy There and tour.