The Namibian Wild Dog Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Extreme Velcro

Although still in the beginning stages, we are on track with our Namibian Wild Dog Project.

Investigations are under way to ensure that who and what our money is going to is 100% kosher....

As told to Kilroy, here are the preliminary ideas:

Ok - found it - the Wild Dog project for Namibia. 

Just have to see that there isn't a clash with any other sponsors but in the meantime they have five wild dogs that they rescued as pups from a mother that was killed.  These five have now grown up and slowly but surely will be re-introduced into the wild.  They cannot ever be 100% left alone so they will be on 5 500 ha area where they will be as wild as they can be allowed to be as they are unfortunately human imprinted.  They will be collared and kept under surveillance in the hope that whilest so doing they can be learnt from.

I am happy with all their references.  They will give me a full outline of what they are doing in the next day or so and then I will plan from there.

It's all looking very good.

50/50 has expressed potential interest.  Various magazines specifically SPACE magazine in Namibia and the Windhoek Observer have expressed interest in the story. 

Beauty without Cruelty will also get involved and to get the best crossover audience, will use this to launch into Namibia at the same time (obviously they will contribute money to the cause, but using them is how we got all the media involved).

It will highlight and hopefully encourage others to do what we are doing if we pull it off to give them a substantial donation; its a great excuse to visit Namibia to hand over and talk and learn and its potentially a great motivator for others to do what we are doing.

At the same time though, we must also point out clearly the work that Uiltjie and others did for the orphanage to ensure that we show ourselves to be compassionate about all that cross our path. 

We can also highlight the fact that we strongly support the Toy Run and surely can mention other work done by our wonderful members.  Let's be the example bikers that others follow.......and let's teach those that still (believe it or not) think bikers are at the bottom of the food chain how special we are.