R850R mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomskok

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
I'm thinking about thinking  :eek: of changing my r850r to something along the lines of this:

https://barnbuiltbikes.com/finished-projects/bmw-r850r-scrambler/ (let's not debate the use of the word scrambler here please.)

and this :

bmw-scrambler-1g.jpg

I'm in the process of stripping the bike as much as possible to get to the engine so I can clean and respray it, recovering some vrot wires etc. I'm not a fan of the whole café racer flavour of the month thing going on at the moment and that's not the direction I want to take with this 'project'. No disrespect to anyone doing that at present of course.

Question in terms of wheels though. (Actual reason for posting...) Since I have alloy wheels at the moment, what spoke wheels will fit my bike? I don't think the GS range of bike in my year model (2003) will work as they are all 21 front and 19 rear right? IIRC mine is 17 front and 18 rear.

I think the biggest issue for me would be to trim the tail a bit. Not keen to lose the passenger seat as I'd still like to carry some baggage and my wife along. But the tail can def do with shortening at the moment and not sure how to go about doing that, yet.

Thoughts? Comments? Abuse?