Up-dates on the planning will be done on the first three posts. Same old boring as always
Entry fee still remains the same, thanks to the kindness of our hosts and caterers DATE :
12, 13 & 14 May 2017VENUE :
Dooringkloof Bush Camp - Baviaans. S33 34.236 E24 06.592 Once you’re on the gravel, the turn-off is about 85km from the Willowmore side and 84 km from Patensie side. Follow the boards !
You can see more about the venue here www.baviaans.co.za
. Amazing venue where we will enjoy ourselves !ENTRY FEE :
R480.00 per person NOTE : ALL ENTRANTS
pay the full entry fee, regardless whether you camp or book fixed accommodation. Times are few and you will note that I have managed to keep the entry fee the same as last year, thanks to my exceptional negotiation skills, but more through the kindness of our hosts and caterers who have not increased their prices. FINAL PAYMENT DATE :
30 April 2016. PLEASE do not let me suffer previous nightmares. Enter and pay on time. Your name only goes on the list once you've paid. ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS :For your ENTRY FEE you get :
- Entry to the site, a camping spot and use of the facilities
- Bacon and egg brekkie on Saturday morning
- Spitbraai Saturday evening
- Sunday morning : Coffee, Tee and rusks(and leftovers )
- Coffee, Tee and rusks available all the time
- Places to ride
- WD Bash Sticker
- Lucky Draw entry - ?
- Bash Goodie - ?
Cash bar will be available.PLEASE NOTE : These are licenced premises for the weekend. We have been requested not to bring own booze on site but to use the bar facilities
You pay cash on site for other meals : Boerie Rolls(R 20.00) ;Hamburgers(R30.00) and Currie and Rice(R30.00) Available from the Friday afternoon
Fixed accommodation is available which you arrange yourself. See details on the website. As noted above, all entrants pay the full entry fee as of this yearWHAT YOU BRING :
You will be camping, so you bring all your camping stuff and money.PROGRAM :Friday :
- You ride your bike there and arrive safely
- Registration 1600 - 1800 at the LAPA ( Late arrivals find me and I sort you out)
- You chill and have a bash
- Supper - Boerie rolls, Burgers or Currie and Rice on offer.Saturday :
- 0730- 0830 Late Registrations
- Breakfast 0730 onwards (until about 0900?)
- You go ride or chill
- Lunch 1200 onwards (Boeries, burgers etc)
- Mini Skills Challenge 1430 ?
- GROUP PHOTO AT THE LAPA – 1600 ?
- LUCKY DRAWS, PRISE GIVING, ETC TO FOLLOW AFTER GROUP PHOTO ?
- Supper thereafter from about 1900
- We party till we drop (or freeze)Sunday :
- We get up, eat what we can find, pack up and go home.
- Please RIDE SAFELY
- Thanks for enjoying with us, what we hope to be, a great BASH REGISTRATION :
When you arrive at the camp site you sign in on the Registration Form , which will include the indemnity hereunder, and ensure that you collect your WD TATTOO that shows your a paid entrant entitled to your meals.
I am trying to keep things as simple and inexpensive as possible. Depending on the logistical and personal requirements, there are other niceties one can add on. Whether there will be add-ons will depend on the help and sponsors we get ! HELP LIST :
Here is the extra stuff I need your help with. You pick an item and make it your responsibility. What does not get sorted, will not be there. You may need to liaise with each other, i.e., if you need something transported, arrange it with the transport guy, not me. A name in RED means that item is taken care of.
- Stickers and badges - Jmol
- Transport/recovery - Ratt
- Sponsers/Prises - ?
If there's something you think I missed that would make it a better Bash, let me know NOTES :
- Please ride slowly in the campsite. ONCE THE PARTY STARTS AND THE SUN GOES DOWN, WE PARK OUR BIKES AND KUIER. NO BIKE SPORTS.
- Petrol (300l) will be on sale at the site. PTA ?
- Wilddog goodies will be on sale ?
- Recovery vehicle will be available
- No cell phone reception. There is a land line in case of emergencies : (049) 839 1160
- Police and Doctors are far away, so don’t go hurt yourself seriously.
- Expect it to be cold.(and maybe wet)
- Most of us, if not all, know the area, so don’t ask me silly questions.
- What else ?INDEMNITY/DISCLAIMER :
Dual-sport motorcycling inherently involves dangerous activities. Anyone who puts their name on the Attendance List and attends the Bash, do so voluntarily and acknowledge that they accept the risks as their own free choice.
[In English that means that, if you do something stupid and hurt yourself, it is your problem,( but of course being Wilddogs, and caring human beings, we will offer the help we can)] COME AND HAVE A BASH AGAIN !