Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: SOFT LUGGAGE....opinions.  (Read 11738 times)

Online Vintage_Mania

Re: SOFT LUGGAGE....opinions.
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2017, 08:31:45 pm »
*EDIT* My apologies, I thought that the OP was just looking for opinion, and not opinion about his own product. Sorry for being a twatwaffle.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:55:39 am by Vintage_Mania »
Verantwoordelikheid mors al my tyd en geld!

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2017, 08:24:27 am »
I don't think this is the FB page https://www.facebook.com/Nomad-Bike-Bags-581488555323592/
this may be adding to your tech frustration.

What is the biggest bag you have now. Like the brown with "KTM trim"

38litre is the biggest, but WE WILL MAKE ANY SIZE....custom bags to client`s spec is our speciality.

Tell me what you want and we will make it.
NOMAD BIKE BAGS  https://www.nomadgear.co.za

PETE.

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2017, 02:10:12 pm »
12th Feb to now.....just over a month since starting out and I`m well chuffed with our progess, both ito sales and of how our designs have improved.
Probably not much on the face of it , but lots of little things that improve the product , yet keep it SIMPLE , FUNCTIONAL and AFFORDABLE.

*** PIC : Orders just out of production and a few heading for the courier in 10 minutes.

PETE.

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2017, 04:45:21 pm »
Very nice stuff

Offline zacapa

• Bike: Honda XR650L
  • XR650L - 134.217kg lite weight special...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2017, 05:20:16 pm »
Good stuff and watching this thread with interest.  :thumleft:

Now for something on my my personal wish list - A small bag no more than 30cm wide (long) and 22cm diameter to fit tools, spanners and tubes and whatever else for the lightweight dual sports like XR, DR, KLR, 690 etc. on a day or weekend ride. Typically - on a lot of dual sports this bag can be bolted down permanently onto the rear fender. When it is full and carrying some weight a tiedown goes ledt to right to secure the bag from bouncing around. Would be cool
to adapt one of your standard designs into a shorty dual-sports bag for rear fender use.

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2017, 04:42:06 pm »

Now for something on my my personal wish list - A small bag no more than 30cm wide (long) and 22cm diameter to fit tools, spanners and tubes and whatever else for the lightweight dual sports like XR, DR, KLR, 690 etc. on a day or weekend ride. Typically - on a lot of dual sports this bag can be bolted down permanently onto the rear fender. When it is full and carrying some weight a tiedown goes ledt to right to secure the bag from bouncing around. Would be cool
to adapt one of your standard designs into a shorty dual-sports bag for rear fender use.

Zacapa there is something in the pipeline just like this : will have a foam/ closed cell foam surround which just seems to work to give the bag a bit of shape and also prevent hard tools, etc from rattling / bashing against the rack/frame.

Will finish prototype next week and post some pics.

PETE

PETE.

Offline zacapa

• Bike: Honda XR650L
  • XR650L - 134.217kg lite weight special...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2017, 05:02:02 pm »
Cool - I'm looking forward to it.

Zacapa there is something in the pipeline just like this : will have a foam/ closed cell foam surround which just seems to work to give the bag a bit of shape and also prevent hard tools, etc from rattling / bashing against the rack/frame.

PETE

Offline TinusBez

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2017, 06:10:57 pm »
Great service Pete. Got my bag today. Posted even without proof of payment received. Made payment day late but by then the bag was on its way, made to order spec. Lekker  bag and hope   to try tomorrow. Thanks Pete and team

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:49:42 am by TinusBez »
KTM: 500 EXC-F current
KTM: 1190 Adv R Sold
Sweat dries, blood clots and bones heal, Suck it up princess

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2017, 04:52:35 pm »
Great service Pete. Got my bag today. Posted even without proof of payment received. Made payment day late but by then the bag was on its way, made to order spec. Lekker  bag and hope   to try tomorrow. Thanks Pete and team

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback Tinus.
Just back from 3 days on the bike in the karroo and came back to more than one positive compliment about the product and service...I`m all fired up and excited about some new products I`m planning.

Cheers,

PETE.

PETE.

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2017, 10:56:47 am »
*EDIT* My apologies, I thought that the OP was just looking for opinion, and not opinion about his own product. Sorry for being a twatwaffle.

No offence taken ....just buy a bag and all will be forgiven !!

PETE.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2017, 01:50:52 pm »
Here is another idea for your bag.  Make the side panel a double panel with the outer one not a full round panel.
Take the one in the image from Tinus above. Move the side handle a bit higher to be in line with the d-rings.
Now add a half round section below that forming a large pocket without a zip. You can even add velcro on the inside if wanted.
Would be handy to store extras like a mud jacket or rain cover for the bag or anything that is waterproof. Hole in the bottom to let out water that gets in.
Maybe even a net to store those washed socks or buff to get dry.

Offline Ryderod

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2017, 01:59:07 pm »

PETE

Waiting just for this!
Dirty by nature!

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2017, 03:46:22 pm »
Aaaaahhhhhhh , being one of the first customers , I feel like a proud dad
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2017, 10:08:16 am »

Thanks Punisher.
I feel much the same and am really chuffed with our progress.
The design we have settled on for the barrel bags is improved, both functionally and aesthetically and the feedback I have had is really encouraging.
However I now need to start selling and get a proper marketing strategy in place...there`s no problem with the product, manufacturing or price....it`s merely a marketing issue.

Watch this space !!!
PETE
NOMAD BIKE BAGS.

PETE.

Online Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • WAT KYK JY
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2017, 11:23:25 am »
Hey Peter, fixed you up with an avatar. Let me know if you want something different.
A F'ugly is a different sort of bike, the 1150 is boring and the 1100s makes me smile.

...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2017, 12:38:24 pm »
Hey Peter, fixed you up with an avatar. Let me know if you want something different.

Ha...!!!

EXCELLENT...thanks Gerrard.
If you have been following our progress you will have realized that I`m extremely challenged in the tech department, so thanks a ton. I appreciate your help.

One good turn deserves another so pop in when you are next in the epicentre of RSA and collect one of our bags as a gesture of appreciation..

Cheers,
PETE.

PETE.

Offline 1190

• Bike: BMW F800GS
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2017, 12:45:21 pm »

Thanks Punisher.
I feel much the same and am really chuffed with our progress.
The design we have settled on for the barrel bags is improved, both functionally and aesthetically and the feedback I have had is really encouraging.
However I now need to start selling and get a proper marketing strategy in place...there`s no problem with the product, manufacturing or price....it`s merely a marketing issue.

Watch this space !!!
PETE
NOMAD BIKE BAGS.
When you get a chance whatsapp me a flyer or post it on this thread with pics and prices I spread the word on our offroad riding chat groups :thumleft:
Smith & Wesson the original point and click interface

Offline frankmac

• Bike: Singer (all models)
  • You want my what??
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2017, 12:50:37 pm »
Ha...!!!

If you have been following our progress you will have realized that I`m extremely challenged in the tech department, so thanks a ton. I appreciate your help.

One good turn deserves another so pop in when you are next in the epicentre of RSA and collect one of our bags as a gesture of appreciation..

Cheers,
PETE.

Hey Pete, here's to hoping you guys are forever earthquake and volcano free  :biggrin:

Online Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • WAT KYK JY
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2017, 02:45:06 pm »

Ha...!!!

Cheers,
PETE.

You must know I love bags. Think yours is very functional. We'll be around your valley third week of April. Will pop around.
A F'ugly is a different sort of bike, the 1150 is boring and the 1100s makes me smile.

...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Offline backwheelbandit

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2017, 08:41:51 am »
thanks for the great service and bag Pete, works great even without a luggage rack
KTM 690 Enduro R