Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: SOFT LUGGAGE....opinions.  (Read 10729 times)

Offline aka.Goliath

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
    • View Profile
Re: SOFT LUGGAGE....opinions.
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2017, 04:19:57 pm »
Xpat. How does the Mosko work when it's comes to filling up the 690? That alone makes me want to get rid of the Giantloop. Having to basically remove the whole bag every time I want to access the fuel cap... really annoys me.. a lot.
BMW 1150 GSA - 2004
KTM 690R - 2014
KTM 300 X-CW - 2012
KTM 530 EXC Rally - 2011 SOLD -
KTM 690R - 2009 SOLD

Offline Xpat

• Bike: AJS (all models)
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2017, 04:29:27 pm »
Xpat. How does the Mosko work when it's comes to filling up the 690? That alone makes me want to get rid of the Giantloop. Having to basically remove the whole bag every time I want to access the fuel cap... really annoys me.. a lot.

Unfortunatelly the same - at least my version. My understanding is that newer version has an opening in the backbone to accommodate the rear tank.

I work around it by riding mostly on front tanks, which give me 200 km range and keeping rear tank full in reserve. But yes, I had to few times on my trip take the rear luggage off to fill the rear tank. In my riding it is not such a big deal as I'm usually so knackered from the riding that I welcome the break, but if somebody is only into easy peasy adventure riding not hard riding, where they just want to kill as many km as possible very quickly, it would get annoying. In my riding 200 km usually takes better part of the day to do.

Edit: I see that Reckless 80 litre version 2 has opening for rear tank for 690, but I don't see one for 40litre version.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:31:02 pm by Xpat »

Offline aka.Goliath

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2017, 04:43:23 pm »
Ahaa... I just found this. Please remember this when designing luggage.

https://youtu.be/u74-eFwJ-dk
BMW 1150 GSA - 2004
KTM 690R - 2014
KTM 300 X-CW - 2012
KTM 530 EXC Rally - 2011 SOLD -
KTM 690R - 2009 SOLD

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2017, 10:47:54 am »
YES....WE DO CUSTOM BAGS !!!!

Just to clarify those numerous P.M.`s

In the interests of practicality...you need to have an idea of what you want: basic design and/or dimensions and then we can discuss how best to achieve that design / idea.

We are developing new ideas and products all the time but look forward to your custom requests.

PETE.
NOMAD BIKE BAGS  https://www.nomadgear.co.za

PETE.

Offline 1190

• Bike: BMW F800GS
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2017, 11:51:47 am »
The "tool" bag I bought for the KLR is a few centimeters to small maybe you can have specific dimensions for a standard KLR plate etc then market it as such......just an idea :thumleft: I think Ill have to order another bag :eek7:  :lol8: Might have to send it to another address...my wife might think I'm hiding another bike from her again :imaposer:
Smith & Wesson the original point and click interface

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2017, 02:00:36 pm »
The "tool" bag I bought for the KLR is a few centimeters to small maybe you can have specific dimensions for a standard KLR plate etc then market it as such......just an idea :thumleft: I think Ill have to order another bag :eek7:  :lol8: Might have to send it to another address...my wife might think I'm hiding another bike from her again :imaposer:

No problem...give me dimensions and I will make one up.There are so many variations of luggage plate that it is virtually impossible to hold stock of everything, hence the custom option...same price.

I don`t know how old you are, but I`m willing to bet that I`m older than you and have been round the block a few more times than you, so think about this:  you buy whatever you want ..put it in your garage, but write a mate`s name somewhere on it. When your wife queries the item you just say;"not mine...it`s (say) Brian`s...he`s just keeping it here" ...works for me!!

PETE.

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2017, 02:06:59 pm »

No problem...give me dimensions and I will make one up.There are so many variations of luggage plate that it is virtually impossible to hold stock of everything, hence the custom option...same price.

I don`t know how old you are, but I`m willing to bet that I`m older than you and have been round the block a few more times than you, so think about this:  you buy whatever you want ..put it in your garage, but write a mate`s name somewhere on it. When your wife queries the item you just say;"not mine...it`s (say) Brian`s...he`s just keeping it here" ...works for me!!

Nope - won't work - wife will call my bluff and say I'll go and deliver at Brian's for you tomorrow morning...

Offline 1190

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2017, 02:14:37 pm »

Got that tee shirt :lol8: when it comes to bikes or prices paid or sold etc Lee-Ann doesn't believe one word that comes out of my mouth.... :lol8:

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2017, 03:22:39 pm »
Ha ha...I remember Lee Ann well from my Slummies days.

I had THE FOAM FACTORY & THE TARPAULIN FACTORY there and used to order shackles and cable from her...small world.

PETE.

Offline 1190

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2017, 03:25:50 pm »

I had THE FOAM FACTORY & THE TARPAULIN FACTORY there and used to order shackles and cable from her...small world.
She's the branch manager now :thumleft: So I told her I'm going to stop working and just ride bikes for the rest of my life.... :pot:  :lol8:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:46:44 pm by 1190 »

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2017, 03:36:46 pm »

She;s the branch manager now :thumleft: So I told her I'm going to stop working and just ride bikes for the rest of my life.... :pot:  :lol8:

I don`t think that is an unreasonable request !

PETE.

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • WAT KYK JY
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2017, 06:21:34 pm »
Hey Pete, sorry I missed you. Our route worked out differently day to day.

A while back I got myself a Giant Loop Great Basin bag for a bargain price. Would otherwise not have bought it. Used it for the first time this weekend and it is one of the best pieces of equipment I ever had.

My only complaint is the zip up. It should have had a roll-top. That is something for the future to work on.
A F'ugly is a different sort of bike, the 1150 is boring and the 1100s makes me smile.

...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2017, 09:37:35 am »
Custom made pannier inner bags (Touratech Zega 45litre I think) on client`s spec.
The same heavy duty Ripstop canvass with YKKzips(overkill I know) .
Zip positioning allows access to bag contents while in the pannier and gives a `suitcase`type access once out of the pannier.
Carry handles and straps.
R600.00 ex factory each.

SIMPLE...FUNCTIONAL...AFFORDABLE...

PETE.

Offline armpump

« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2017, 10:44:37 am »
very cool

Will keep these in mind

Offline Tom van Brits

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2017, 07:10:34 pm »
I am going to order later the year 2 x pannier inner and 1 x Topbox inner bag like that from you.
I will have to be home first to take the dimensions but I am getting a Trax topbox and then I have the wide 44 litre Trax panniers - need this for my medical standby's I intent to do from time to time. I am also the going to give you dimensions of my tent for a strong pvc bag as I will need to camp sometimes and it will need to be strapped on the backseat.

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2017, 08:20:07 am »
I am going to order later the year 2 x pannier inner and 1 x Topbox inner bag like that from you.
I will have to be home first to take the dimensions but I am getting a Trax topbox and then I have the wide 44 litre Trax panniers - need this for my medical standby's I intent to do from time to time. I am also the going to give you dimensions of my tent for a strong pvc bag as I will need to camp sometimes and it will need to be strapped on the backseat.

Excellent Tom....that`s exactly what we are good at. Let me know when you are ready.

Pete.

PETE.

Offline dirt rat

« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2017, 10:26:04 am »
PK herewith my 2 cents worth- I have been using ortlieb rollbags for the last 6 years and would like to highlight why I would buy them again.
All seams are welded and not stitched.
Constructed from heavy duty pvc-dust and waterproof.
Have held up extremely well over the last 150000km.
No zips.
Importantly the bag compresses over the top and the sides to ensure the contents of the bag are very secure.
Unfortunately this product is hard to find in SA and expensive.
A locally produced equivalent would get my attention.

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2017, 10:42:30 am »
Thanks Dirtrat...noted.

PETE.

Offline P.K.

• Vendors
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2017, 10:46:41 am »
I have had a number of PM`s asking about a copy of the Giant Loop bags.

While I think their and Moskp Moto`s designs are great I am reluctant to just do copies....in any event Mosko Moto is a very hard act to follow.

Having said that , we are working on something and as soon as it is available I will be posting pics here.

PETE.

PETE.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2017, 11:08:07 am »
The more I look at the Mosko moto the more I like the idea.

You can leave the shell tied to the bike and just remove the bag you need.