Kelunk, aaah there's 1st gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain jack

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Bike coming up for service, but do I open a possible can of worms or jus keep riding?

1. if I engage neutral at traffic light (or at home and push bike around), then more often than not (80% except at bike workshop :)) I am unable to put the bike back into first unless, I -attempt to engage (shows 1st on indicator) -  then re-engange neuatral - blip throttle - then re engage 1st - then it's there. Ie it shows first on gear selector, but is still in neutral until i double de clutch.

2. on pulling away, I hear (again 80% of time) a sound best described as a biggish spring releasing from somewhere down below.

Bike is 1999 1150 with 104k. gerar changes are super smooth when moving and there has been no change from above in the last 3 years.

I had it with Kingtek two years ago and he didn't pick up anything
I had it with Superfoxi a little over a year ago and he reckons it might be a spring on the clutch plate that is broken, but if it's all working ok, then just leave.

off interest is that Donford Mottorad annual service is the same price as an independent workshop, so why would I go to the independent? -  :deal: