Hello from England, coming to SA for the first time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schoe000

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Hi guys,

I thought I would introduce myself. I am currently living in the UK and have been adventure riding and off tarmac riding for about 6 years, after 10 years of riding Harley's I saw the light and went for light, nimble and dirty. In that time I have done Russia, The Stans, Mongolia, Morrocco and the TAT, my main focus of riding has been off road.

I am coming to SA for the first time 1st April for 15 days. The plan is: fly into Johannesburg, hire a bike, I am hoping to get a small duel sport or small trail bike, 250 to 400 would be idea, if not I will hire whatever I can get, so maybe a 150. Explore north east SA for 3 or 4 days the put the bike on the train to Cape town, explore Cape Town area for 3 or 4 days, then ride Garden route and head north back to Johannesburg. I will be staying in hostels, homestays or camping where ever possible.

I would be really interested in meeting other riders along the way, either to ride with or have a beer and chat. I will be in SA from the 1st to the 15th April 2017.

if your about please get in touch,

Cheers Nick.

Ps I forgot to say if anyone has a recommendation of where to hire the bike I would be grateful :)