Motoshare like AirBnB - would you hire your bike? Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you participate in a private hiring scheme?

• Yes, I would be willing to hire a bike and hire out mine

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Yes, I would be willing to hire a bike but not willing to hire out mine

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • No, I would be not be willing to hire a bike and not willing to hire out mine

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • No, I would be not be willing to hire a bike but would be willing to hire out mine

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Yes, I would be willing to hire out my bike but to European/North American tourist only, not to loca

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
I was looking to rent a bike for a few days in Holland when I came across this - https://motoshare.nl.  Unfortunately I can't use it at the moment as I no longer have a Dutch driver's license.  I am curious if something like this would work here.

This is like the AirBnB for motorbikes.  You can hire to/from private individuals.  The platform arranges insurance and there is some community/background check.  Your bike is insured for the period of the rental and you set the rental price.  15% of the fee goes to the platform and 15% goes to the insurance. 

As you can see when looking through their lists, bike rentals start as low as 18 Euros per day.  Most bikes are older bikes but that is not an issue in itself if you just want to ride for a few days.

The following is from their crowdfunding website - https://siliconcanals.nl/news/startups/motoshare-races-past-e210-k-stretch-target-revved-crowdfunding-campaign/
Quote:
Motoshare is one of the youngest share economy startups in the Netherlands. Former Philips-employees Jos Huisman and Thomas Jacobs founded the company in May 2016. The two motor enthusiasts thought it was a shame that only 55% of people who ride motorbikes in the country actually own one. They thought it was an even greater shame that most motorbikes only ride an average distance of 3000 km a year.  When you are doing the math you can quickly conclude that most time of the year, the motors are catching dust. The two entrepreneurs put two and two together and decided to start a sharing platform for motor lovers. After all, we already exchange houses (AirBNB), campers (Camptoo) and storage space (Storage Share) so now it is time for motorbikes!
Unquote

I am curious if something like this would work here.  It is not for everybody but it has its place.  Please vote and let's see.

Attachments

• Motosharenl.jpg
    Motosharenl.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 199
  • A small part of the selection for rent.jpg
    A small part of the selection for rent.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 199