The Slow Cold Canal Run.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Well I was waiting for one of the "leaders" to start the post since I thought that was good etiquette, but since nobody has, let me start.

After a good evening at the Dros on Friday, the Shark (complete with 3 week old broken collarbone) and myself arranged to meet at 7.00 AM in Kyalami.
It was seriously cold getting to Kyalami one of those Highveld winters morning,s I was not unhappy that he was 15 minutes late, but I called him a p#es anyway.

My first attempt at an on the road photo, the traditional thumbs over the lens trick.

DSC01846.jpg

At Schurverberg, Shark could not go any further, the hands were gone, mine were freezing even with the heated grips on full, so the BMW Cylinder head warmers were used. The photos do not do justice to how cold it was. But you can see my Annakee is getting tired.

DSC01848.jpg

Pelindaba in the distance.

DSC01850.jpg

Anyway we met up with Wino, Funacide, Blouvark and damn forgot the name on his original KLR. And we disappeared onto the first canal road.

DSC01851.jpg

Took very few photo,s for some reason, smoke break time.

DSC01852.jpg

The ride was by far the most relaxed and least challenging so far, but was pleasent.
Except after one smoke break, we got about a km up the dirt and I got that snakey feeling, the pig had a puncture.

Shark was riding sweep and everybody disapeared, by the time they came back, the pig was plugged and the compressor whirring away. We were concerned it was losing pressure a couple of times but this was just imagination, we gave it some air when I stopped to remove a dead bird from my engine! But then it was fine, it was lower after an extended lunch, but that was just the tire cooling down I think.

So we said our goodbye,s and headed home, as usual there were a couple of unplanned detours.

DSC01855.jpg

But they did not lead anywhere.

DSC01857.jpg

All in all fun, and would have been loved by some of the real novices as it was not challenging at al. Except for avoiding the KWATS and KTM,s coming the other way.

Welsh

And the moral of the story is that while we are all beautiful in our own way, some women just have really great tits.