Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: My chat with the cop in the Camry this morning on Marine Drive..  (Read 4439 times)

Offline Worsie_se_Pa

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Beer, biltong, rugby...
Me: What are you doing
Him: I'm enforcing the law..
Me: No you're not you are taking pictures of people trying to get to work in one of the worst traffic jams in years due to multiple accidents.Why don't get off you're ass and help with the traffic, you are not enforcing the law you are trying to make money. He wound up his window and I, as rate payer of Cape Town, walked away in disgust.

If some one has a link to the Mayor's office please send this through...

Offline 2wdrift

• Bike: Honda XR650R
  • KLR Flip...
Re: My chat with the cop in the Camry this morning on Marine Drive..
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 09:23:41 am »
What exactly did you expect?

Honest question.
XR650R the one and only
Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls.  ~Stirling Moss

Don't worry my stutter is also bilingual...

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 09:29:28 am »
Me: What are you doing
Him: I'm enforcing the law..
Me: No you're not you are taking pictures of people trying to get to work in one of the worst traffic jams in years due to multiple accidents.Why don't get off you're ass and help with the traffic, you are not enforcing the law you are trying to make money. He wound up his window and I, as rate payer of Cape Town, walked away in disgust.

If some one has a link to the Mayor's office please send this through...

Know the one.... you would think common sense would prevail. This morning's traffic was a stuff up of note....

Offline GregOnGS

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 09:39:29 am »
Traffic was such a mess this morning, even lane splitting was difficult as the cars were closing in the whole way.
Also had to calm down after seeing two taxis bombing down the my citi bus lane between bayside & sunset beach on the R27, then cut everyone off at the sunset beach robot, into the yellow lane and off again, where are the cops FFS???
Profile for Trackinfind[/url]

Offline Beebop

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 09:41:46 am »
where are the cops FFS???
Playing the "tourist" bit with shiny new cameras.
Its shocking that they place money ahead of lives, AND try to justify it.

Offline Worsie_se_Pa

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 09:43:23 am »

Honest question.

...a higher IQ....I assumed he could walk a put one foot in front of another.

Offline Coxwain

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Real men ride a pig...
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 09:45:15 am »
What's the story with the cameras ?

Sorry .....Im just a country bumkin .....I don't get out much  :-\ :-\ :-\
PIG LITE....Honda NX 650
Thel PIG... BMW R 1150 GS
The Black Bitch ...Yamaha XT 660 R Black Magic ....Yamaha XT 660 Z
Found my next ride .....BMW 1150 GS ...a mans bike

Offline 2wdrift

• KLR Flip...
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 09:58:15 am »

Honest question.

A friend of mine who I met in malawi while working there once asked me this question, and it changed how I see things entirely.

I was moaning about how the police and government were useless and how people cannot drive anymore and the roads were getting more potholed, and he asked me if I haven't noticed that South Africa is now just another African country. Once I started seeing it that way I no longer expect what I did and I am no longer disappointed by what goes on.
XR650R the one and only

Offline Worsie_se_Pa

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 10:09:45 am »

Honest question.

A friend of mine who I met in malawi while working there once asked me this question, and it changed how I see things entirely.

I was moaning about how the police and government were useless and how people cannot drive anymore and the roads were getting more potholed, and he asked me if I haven't noticed that South Africa is now just another African country. Once I started seeing it that way I no longer expect what I did and I am no longer disappointed by what goes on.
Then we might as well all remove our numbers plates to hasten our decline....did someone say banana republic?

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 10:17:20 am »

This specific Camera is inside a white Toyota Camry which is parked most mornings on Marine Drive in Paarden Island just after the traffic lights at the docks entrance. There are three lanes, the two left lanes merge to go to Cape Town and the right is to go to Paarl and is split with a solid line so some people carry on in the right lane to Paarl and then cut in instead of waiting  to skip the cue of traffic on the left. He is there to give fines for that.

Now on a normal traffic day then fine, but this morning the roads were absolute chaos..... all routes in was bumper to bumper with people trying to get into town. It rained a bit but Capetonians are notoriously bad as soon as a few drops fall so there were quite a few accidents that compounded the problem.

Instead of actually helping traffic flow more freely this twatwaffle then decided to capitalize on the chaos and go make his quota since a lot of people out of desperation would have crossed that line to get to work.

Basically a twatwaffle move...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:22:17 am by Grrrr.... »

Offline ktmmer

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 10:18:14 am »

Honest question.

Then we might as well all remove our numbers plates to hasten our decline....did someone say banana republic?

The irony in this comment !!!!!!!

Offline 2wdrift

• KLR Flip...
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 10:24:21 am »

Honest question.

XR650R the one and only

Offline DaddyK

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 10:24:34 am »
Step 2: Submit your letter, either by emailing mayor.mayor@capetown.gov.za or faxing it to 021 400 1313
The greatest discovery of any generation is that a human can alter his life by altering his attitude - William James

Offline fixit

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 10:26:05 am »
Lots of truth in that comment. Come to East London. It's become almost completely lawless.
If I see a cop once in a week that is a lot.
I have not been stopped here, not even in a road block for more than 20+ years now.

Happiness is not getting what you want, but appreciating  what you already have.

Offline LouisXander

• Lesotho (K)night rider.
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Member of the Secret Sazook Society...
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 10:28:23 am »
Kaap traffic is 10 keer erger as JHB se ergste!!!! Elke 3 maande gaan ek daardeur om te besef JHB se traffic is OK. :imaposer:

Ok, hier by ons verdrink die mense in Gilloolies as dit reen, maar ons traffic is nie so kark nie!!
Don't dress for the ride,........dress for the fall!

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 10:31:23 am »
Kaap traffic is 10 keer erger as JHB se ergste!!!! Elke 3 maande gaan ek daardeur om te besef JHB se traffic is OK. :imaposer:

Ok, hier by ons verdrink die mense in Gilloolies as dit reen, maar ons traffic is nie so kark nie!!

Kan nie met dit stry nie, dit is feite....

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2017/03/15/IN-PICTURES-Cape-Town-wakes-to-welcome-rain%E2%80%9A-and-traffic-chaos

Offline KaTooMatt

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 10:33:19 am »

This specific Camera is inside a white Toyota Camry which is parked most mornings on Marine Drive in Paarden Island just after the traffic lights at the docks entrance. There are three lanes, the two left lanes merge to go to Cape Town and the right is to go to Paarl and is split with a solid line so some people carry on in the right lane to Paarl and then cut in instead of waiting  to skip the cue of traffic on the left. He is there to give fines for that.

Now on a normal traffic day then fine, but this morning the roads were absolute chaos..... all routes in was bumper to bumper with people trying to get into town. It rained a bit but Capetonians are notoriously bad as soon as a few drops fall so there were quite a few accidents that compounded the problem.

Instead of actually helping traffic flow more freely this twatwaffle then decided to capitalize on the chaos and go make his quota since a lot of people out of desperation would have crossed that line to get to work.

I expect you will find he is not a policeman. Merely a contractor dressed as one who has to man the money making camera. He can't do anything else as he has no training as he is not really a cop.
"These are not machines for the meek. Ride it like you stole it, cane it within an inch of its life. It will require a bunch of maintenance and generally tend to be, shall we say, harsh? It was bred for racing, after all. It will devour rear tires and its lust for fuel will astound you. It will suffer indifference and carelessness very poorly. Like heroin and Asian girls, it's not for everybody, but when you absolutely, positively, GOTS to beat every m*****f****** in the race, accept no substitu

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 10:36:52 am »

I expect you will find he is not a policeman. Merely a contractor dressed as one who has to man the money making camera. He can't do anything else as he has no training as he is not really a cop.

Still a dick move.

Offline Worsie_se_Pa

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 11:10:32 am »
Step 2: Submit your letter, either by emailing mayor.mayor@capetown.gov.za or faxing it to 021 400 1313

Mail sent...

Good Day/ Goeiedag / Molo
This mail serves to advise that your correspondence has been received in the Office of the Executive Mayor. Further communication will follow. Please be advised that this office deals with City of Cape Town (municipal) related matters. Please do not reply to this mail. Thank you for your interest.
Die Kantoor van die Uitvoerende Burgemeester het u korrespondensie ontvang.  Verdere kommunikasie sal volg. Let asseblief daarop dat hierdie kantoor sake hanteer wat met die Stad Kaapstad verband hou, m.a.w. munisipale aangeleenthede. Moet asseblief nie op hierdie e-pos antwoord nie. Baie dankie vir u belangstelling.
Le leta ithunyelwa ngenjongo yokukwazisa ukuba imbalelwano yakho ifunyenwe kwi-Ofisi kaSodolophu weSigqeba. Siza kunxibelelana nawe kamva ngezinye izinto. Nceda uqaphele ukuba le ofisi isebenza kuphele ngemicimbi ephathelene neSixeko saseKapa (umasipala). Ungayiphenduli le mbalelwano. Enkosi kakhulu ngokubonisa umdla wakho.

Office of the Executive Mayor/ Kantoor van die Uitvoerende Burgemeester/ I-Ofisi kaSodolophu weSigqeba
City of Cape Town/Stad Kaapstad/ ISixeko saseKapa

Offline Geel Kat

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 11:23:48 am »
Die koeltekont doen dit al jare lank, ek dink nie hy het genoeg breinselle om die kar se deur self oop te maak nie en iemand anders gaan parkeer seker die kar vir hom daar.