Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: My chat with the cop in the Camry this morning on Marine Drive..  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
Re: My chat with the cop in the Camry this morning on Marine Drive..
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 11:29:11 am »
Step 2: Submit your letter, either by emailing mayor.mayor@capetown.gov.za or faxing it to 021 400 1313

Mail sent...

Good Day/ Goeiedag / Molo
This mail serves to advise that your correspondence has been received in the Office of the Executive Mayor. Further communication will follow. Please be advised that this office deals with City of Cape Town (municipal) related matters. Please do not reply to this mail. Thank you for your interest.
Die Kantoor van die Uitvoerende Burgemeester het u korrespondensie ontvang.  Verdere kommunikasie sal volg. Let asseblief daarop dat hierdie kantoor sake hanteer wat met die Stad Kaapstad verband hou, m.a.w. munisipale aangeleenthede. Moet asseblief nie op hierdie e-pos antwoord nie. Baie dankie vir u belangstelling.
Le leta ithunyelwa ngenjongo yokukwazisa ukuba imbalelwano yakho ifunyenwe kwi-Ofisi kaSodolophu weSigqeba. Siza kunxibelelana nawe kamva ngezinye izinto. Nceda uqaphele ukuba le ofisi isebenza kuphele ngemicimbi ephathelene neSixeko saseKapa (umasipala). Ungayiphenduli le mbalelwano. Enkosi kakhulu ngokubonisa umdla wakho.

Office of the Executive Mayor/ Kantoor van die Uitvoerende Burgemeester/ I-Ofisi kaSodolophu weSigqeba
City of Cape Town/Stad Kaapstad/ ISixeko saseKapa

And what did your email say?

Offline Worsie_se_Pa

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Beer, biltong, rugby...
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 12:58:39 pm »
Step 2: Submit your letter, either by emailing mayor.mayor@capetown.gov.za or faxing it to 021 400 1313

Mail sent...

This mail serves to advise that your correspondence has been received in the Office of the Executive Mayor. Further communication will follow. Please be advised that this office deals with City of Cape Town (municipal) related matters. Please do not reply to this mail. Thank you for your interest.
Die Kantoor van die Uitvoerende Burgemeester het u korrespondensie ontvang.  Verdere kommunikasie sal volg. Let asseblief daarop dat hierdie kantoor sake hanteer wat met die Stad Kaapstad verband hou, m.a.w. munisipale aangeleenthede. Moet asseblief nie op hierdie e-pos antwoord nie. Baie dankie vir u belangstelling.
Le leta ithunyelwa ngenjongo yokukwazisa ukuba imbalelwano yakho ifunyenwe kwi-Ofisi kaSodolophu weSigqeba. Siza kunxibelelana nawe kamva ngezinye izinto. Nceda uqaphele ukuba le ofisi isebenza kuphele ngemicimbi ephathelene neSixeko saseKapa (umasipala). Ungayiphenduli le mbalelwano. Enkosi kakhulu ngokubonisa umdla wakho.

Office of the Executive Mayor/ Kantoor van die Uitvoerende Burgemeester/ I-Ofisi kaSodolophu weSigqeba

And what did your email say?

Basic cut and paste our my original post, then asking where as ratepayer am I seeing public service especially iro what happened in the traffic today.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2017, 01:25:24 pm »

Mail sent...

Im curious as to what you expect will happen because you sent this mail..

1st it actually has nothing to do with the mayors office, all they are going to do if forward it to traffic, which is where you should have forwarded your correspondence in the 1st place. I do think a speed camera in peak hour traffic is s silly use of resources these okes work on a quota and shifts.. So what you are actually doing is bringing to their attention a problem which someone is already aware of.. I would be interested to see if this changes anything.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Thunderlinde

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Bellville Breker
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 01:33:11 pm »
Personally I think you will be lucky if you get a proper response at all.
If you do, it will probably just say something in the line of, thank you for your concern and the situation will be investigated and corrective measures be put in place to improve services bla bla bla.

They are all in it to make money these days and not provide a public service anymore.

KTM 950 Adv
Kawasaki KLR 650
Honda XL 125

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 01:35:39 pm »
Me: What are you doing
Him: I'm enforcing the law..
Me: No you're not you are taking pictures of people trying to get to work in one of the worst traffic jams in years due to multiple accidents.Why don't get off you're ass and help with the traffic, you are not enforcing the law you are trying to make money. He wound up his window and I, as rate payer of Cape Town, walked away in disgust.

If some one has a link to the Mayor's office please send this through...

:laughing4:  :thumleft:

That guy.. :patch:

One of the worst traffic jams i've seen in a long time...and no real obvious reasons other than it being a bit wet...and quite a few cars with hazards on on the side of the road.
I didnt get out of 1st and 2nd gear from my house till I hit the M3
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:38:43 pm by Omninorm »
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 01:45:19 pm »
One of the worst traffic jams i've seen in a long time...and no real obvious reasons other than it being a bit wet...

Here is your reasons...

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2017/03/15/IN-PICTURES-Cape-Town-wakes-to-welcome-rain%E2%80%9A-and-traffic-chaos

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 01:49:25 pm »

I do think a speed camera in peak hour traffic is s silly use of resources these okes work on a quota and shifts.

It's not a speed camera.
He videos to capture the number plate of the people's tires touching or crossing the white line.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:50:38 pm by Omninorm »
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 01:53:23 pm »
One of the worst traffic jams i've seen in a long time...and no real obvious reasons other than it being a bit wet...

Here is your reasons...

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2017/03/15/IN-PICTURES-Cape-Town-wakes-to-welcome-rain%E2%80%9A-and-traffic-chaos

....because it rained. I suppose we haven't seen rain in so long that it can cause a bit of a stupor.
It was REALLY kak though. A lot of people from our office turned around and went home.

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 02:00:14 pm »
....because it rained. I suppose we haven't seen rain in so long that it can cause a bit of a stupor.
It was REALLY kak though. A lot of people from our office turned around and went home.

Not the rain, the accidents.... seemed like there was a few on every major route in.

Big one at Lower Church, then one at Koeberg Interchange and another further up N1. There were also a few on N2 including Hospital Bend. Marine Drive also had accident....

All contributed in the major fuckup of this morning.

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 02:07:38 pm »

Not the rain, the accidents.... seemed like there was a few on every major route in.

Big one at Lower Church, then one at Koeberg Interchange and another further up N1. There were also a few on N2 including Hospital Bend. Marine Drive also had accident....

...and this dude sits in his Camry.

Offline RedRum

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2017, 02:14:15 pm »
...There are three lanes, the two left lanes merge to go to Cape Town and the right is to go to Paarl and is split with a solid line so some people carry on in the right lane to Paarl and then cut in instead of waiting  to skip the cue of traffic on the left.

<rant on>
Waiting patiently in a line only to have some twatwaffle cut the line in front over a solid line. argh!
that makes my blood boil every time I use that piece of road.
get in the back of the line you a$$hole!

I would think that fining these a$$holes is a good start, so I support the Camera guy there 100%... fine the fkrs who cross the solid line, at any time!

impounding their vehicles would be even better imho to stop this scruge!

its out of hand how many people do that every day and makes law abiding people who follow the rules of the road's  commute time increase significantly... nvm making my blood boil as they are apparently more important and need to go push in at the front of the line!

</rant off>

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2017, 02:18:50 pm »
Waiting patiently in a line only to have some twatwaffle cut the line in front over a solid line. argh!
that makes my blood boil every time I use that piece of road.

Look, mine too. My blood pressure risses as soon as I near that intersection, not just because of the asshole pushing in but the other twassholes that don't know how to merge....  That is why I drive through the docks.

Offline Worsie_se_Pa

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Beer, biltong, rugby...
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2017, 02:20:22 pm »

...and this dude sits in his Camry.
And that was why I approached him this morning...I could not believe it!

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2017, 02:47:48 pm »
Here in Guateng you get stoned on a National highway and have to zig-zag between burning tires. No traffic cop in sight, no warning signs, nada. Then you see the local SAP safely out of range on the opposite side of the road having a good old kuier and, whilst you still shaking your head in disbelief, 2km's down the road a koeltekont is trapping.

Offline cheesy

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2017, 07:11:19 pm »
I travel the M 3 daily, Why can the traffic department synchronize the traffic lights at Rhodes ave down to Paradise and then the next 3 as well, Surely that can't be too difficult.
Bum in the saddle, always.

Offline Dorsland

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2017, 08:02:50 pm »
I had very little traffic on my commute this morning.  Yesterday neither, nor tomorrow I believe.  Take it easy guys.

'Tis the time’s plague, when madmen lead the blind.

King Lear

Offline stofbergphotography

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2017, 08:28:06 pm »
The traffic was freaking terrible. The highlight of my morning was when two idiots got a bit upset at each other somewhere close to Borcherds Quarry and took some time out of their busy day to get out of their vehicles and give each other a few words followed by a few PK's. Pity I didn't have a dashcam. It was hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dux

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2017, 08:38:37 pm »
The bottom line is that the traffic department in the Western Cape are downright hopeless , I have complained to them about certain danger areas in the Brackenfell area and they couldn't care less .
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 10:20:12 am »
The bottom line is that the traffic department in the Western Cape are downright hopeless , I have complained to them about certain danger areas in the Brackenfell area and they couldn't care less .

About a year ago I was coming into town with the bike. Traffic was an absolute mess and when I got to the CTICC I noticed why..... the traffic lights as you come off the elevated highway was short timing and basically only allowing three of so cars through before changing back to red. This in turn meant people were taking chances and eventually blocking the intersection that just compounded the problem. Was there a traffic officer in sight? Nope....

I rode to the traffic department which is literally about 2kms away and walked in. I eventually found a officer behind a desk and told him about this issue. To his credit, I did see him leave in a car and was headed that direction when I continued on my commute so I would like to believe he went and helped. But why did I need to go fetch one of them out the station, like I said they were around the corner from the problem and if some just manually helped the traffic it wouldn't be such a stuff up. But I guess that is to much to ask....
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:23:08 am by Grrrr.... »

Offline oldmannorman

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • suzuki TS250 ER
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 03:23:59 pm »
Except for Dorsland, it goes for all major centres.