Tour of Northern Thailand - August 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shahin

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi Guys,

I'm a frequent traveler to Thailand on business and I usually extend my business trips to include a couple of days of beach time before I return. But on my last 2 visits to Thailand,  I sacrificed the beaches to visit the mountaneous regions of Northern Thailand and explore the region on a motorcycle. It's been such an amazing experience and probably the best experience I've had on 2 wheels ever.

Anyway, on my return after my last trip in January, after my riding buddies all saw the pictures and heard the amazing stories, they insisted I take them over for a bike tour of Northern Thailand later this year.

So we've done some planning and what it comes down to is that we've decided to put together a group of 8-10 people from South Africa and go over to Thailand later this year for a 10 day holiday / bike tour.

The bike tour will be conducted by a tour company based in Northern Thailand, which will include motorcycle rental, insurance, accommodation for the duration of the tour, breakfasts, lunches, tour guide, backup support vehicle, and entrance fees  to sight seeing places along the route.

The actual bike tour will last 5 days, while we've also included 2 days in Bangkok upon arrival in Thailand for some city life, as well as 3 days of beach time in Pattaya to relax before returning home.

The cost of the entire trip would be around R35,000 per person single inclusive of all flights, accommodation, bike tour, bike rental, breakfasts, domestic flights, bike insurance & lunches on the bike tour.  Couples sharing accommodation and/or riding 2-up would be at a reduced rate.

The planned departure date from Jhb is Saturday, 29th July 2017 and arrive back in Johannesburg on Wednesday, the 9th of August 2017, on a public holiday, national women's day. Total 9 nights

This is going to be an awesome trip which will include all the different sides there is to Thailand, city life, the mountains of the northern region, the southern islands and beaches as well as motorcycle riding on some of the best riding roads in the world including the 1864 bends of the legendary Mae Hong Son loop. It's a bikers dream.

If anybody is interested in joining us, please contact me and I'll be happy to send you a detailed itinerary for the trip and cost breakdown as well as any other information you require.

Regards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2lR1cXhMUI