My soft luggage Giant Loop Coyote V2 review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Recently I had to buy some soft luggage again and went for the Giant Loop Coyote from Offroad Cycles. Previously I had the first gen Coyote and then some Wolfman expedition bags as well.
I normally do 3-4 day trip so I find the smaller size luggage is just perfect for me, For the 3 days I rode to the Kalahari I actually had some space left. I dont like bolting extra racks to the bike which just adds weight and more stuff to break where as the Coyote just rests on the seat. I left the racks at home.

First off my Wolfman Expedition Dry saddle bags feedback :

IMG_6364_zpsjkmwokrf.jpg

-Waterproof
-Roll top makes access easy, found it easier to go into these bags and find something as opposed to the Giant Loop which you tend to dig around in the "legs" looking for stuff

Dislikes

-Time consuming to fit for the first time, there is a bunch of compression straps you have to do up first
-Sticks out quite far on the sides, not great for single track work
-You need racks and the correct adapter plates

Giant Loop Coyote V1

DSCF3233.jpg

-Easy to mount
-No need for racks
-Low center of gravity, don't really notice bag

Dislikes

-Not waterproof
-Do not over pack the bag as it becomes a pain to close the zipper
-Scratches side panels
-May make contact with the silencer

Giant Loop Coyote V2

IMG_8634_zpsadlmatlw.jpg

-Easy to mount
-No need for racks
-Low center of gravity, don't really notice bag
-New design has a nice reflective liner, I had to ride at night and it helped !
-New cover for extra protection for zip
-Now comes with exhaust shield

Dislikes

-Not waterproof
-Scratches side panels
-Do not over pack the bag as it becomes a pain to close the zipper BUT one tend to stuff all kinds of things into the bag when you see some space, keep to the GL motto "keep it light"

I prefer the GL to the Wolfman, the zipper is not that big of a deal to me however I see that GL now also makes a Coyote with a roll top but have not seen it locally yet. It comes with 3 compression bags to use inside but I found it difficult to pack a bag into a bag and making it fit, I went without them. Maybe I need more practice. Overall the V2 Coyote is just a nicer and slightly improved version of an already good product. I'm impressed.