XT660Z flat seat and brake pedal mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroke her

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
Hi to all the Teneristas >:D

Some expressed interest in the seat modification I had done as well as the brake pedal mod.

Seat was done by Nithrone and is done with thick black suede (Cow...as pig is too thin and flimsy for my rough posterior >:D). Annoying hump is gone and the bike now feels like an offroad bike. Not quite as pillow soft as the std seat but the ride dynamics far outweigh the slight price I pay in comfort. Seat probably 4cm taller than stock. Hump at the rear shaved down by about 2cm. I am very happy...but I am tall(ish) at 6'2". YMMV

Pedal mod:
Buy tip from the Powersportsrider.co.za for about R450. Shitty attitude and customer service but alas I got it in the end. Grind off old lever tip...bit of a f*&ch around to grind in a slot and drill a hole (I dont even own a bench vice...all done with hand tools and lots of marinized vocabulary >:D...in Afrikaans: Domkrag). Very happy...I know have a grippy foldable tip. LOL

Attachments

• brake.jpg
    brake.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 314
  • Rearview.jpg
    Rearview.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 316
  • Seat diagonal.jpg
    Seat diagonal.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 314
  • Seat front.jpg
    Seat front.jpg