Oil Pressure Problems & Oil Screens Clogged Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aka.Goliath

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
So the other day I take my KTM 690 for a ride to work. I notice that at the robot my oil pressure light starts flashing at idle but goes out when the revs pick up. I had just done an oil change but didn't have filters so left that for the next time as the ones in were only 4500km old. So decided to replace the filters without changing the oil this time. I start the bike and just after 2-3sec I can hear the racket of the Cam chain tensioner settle down as the oil pressure picks up. No problem now... go for a ride today and the whole day it's just fine. 2 km from home the flashing oil pressure light is back. So when I'm home I drop the oil and check the oil screens (also replaced when I did the filters 4500km ago) I wash them out in petrol and this is what is washed out. Anyone have any ideas what this could possibly be and why the oil pressure problems?

PS. I changed the oil and filters before my trip to Bots in January. I ended up drowning the bike in a river crossing. I did the valve clearances when I got back and they were all in spec with no movement. No water in the oil either and no oil Is being used.

9efb93615b3968c7ac21ccf3ec0ab5f6.jpg