Skills riding as opposed to half/full day trips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinusBez

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
Evening dogs

Following a discussion with Rafiki (Dawie) here on WD around skills training spots I wondered whether there isn't room for skills riding.

Some, if not all of us attended some type of skills riding and either decided/realised I'm never going to be a Marc Coma or I'd like to be better than Joe Average but lack something either in training/confidence, don't know people the list goes on.

I saw the DS group Stofkat had a Skills morning session at Bloemendal Enduro Park Roodeplaat and know a few people that do skills ride training (themselves...not offered to others or groups)at Touratech Benoni. Me, I mess about twee spoor and open veldt near where I live, use cones or stones to mimic my own training course which for the most part consists of turning slow and fast, and some balancing skills. Starting to sound like a performing monkey now.

So, I hope I dont step on the leeu se ballas here nor intend taking away business from academy's which for some can be out of reach from a costing perspective or whatever other reasons one might have. For example I'm stuck at least till after winter to do any long distance trips in which case I focus on skills and general fitness like planking and other core exercises.

I wrote to the track next to Mall of the South in JHB whether I can take my 1190 there and still waiting. Don't mind paying an entrance fee but would like to join like minded/interest riders and just do skills for a few hours. The missus will also be happier because she knows where I am as opposed to some generic vicinity or province.

Tinus