my Tiger's 20 K service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhino2

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Yeah, I dont ride much. Hit the 20K mark after 2 1/2 years.
East Coast Motorcycles did the job for R4.5K, but I must say they did a very thorough job, even replace shims which I was not charged for.

I left PMB at 05:30 AM to try and skip the traffic on the N2, but stil hit the first rush when we reached the Umhlanga turnoff at 6:45. My son went on his 650 Dakar,
It took them the whole day to do the service also handling a breakdown or two during the day. Got the bike at 17:45 in the afternoon and had a bit of a bad traffic experience on the way back. (Car did not yield at a circle and pulled in right in front of me. Thanks for ABS)

I wanted to take a loan bike, but not the explorer or the XCX ----- (I thought it may be too tempting) so asked for a versys. But alas, they did not have a versys available and the XCX it was.
My son saw a used Triumph 800 and immediately got bitten by the bug. So off we went on the two bikes.

We had a sunny and warm day but enjoyed the bikes. I must say that the XCX is a great bike, but when I got back on my own, it felt like a long and trusted friend.
I suppose its because I have set it up the way I like it over the time I owned it.

I want to Compliment the staff of ECM. After the service just about all the staff have left already and the mechanic, the service manageress AND the branch manageress jumped in to wash my bike. You are awesome girls and guy.

(My son is waiting for his finance application for the 800!!!!)

Attachments

• Wash.jpg
    Wash.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 388
  • Paul and 800.jpg
    Paul and 800.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 410
  • Me.jpg
    Me.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 389