All in a days work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadAl

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Here I thought Clockwork Orange worked so hard!! He got the job last week to go and do site surveys for his company all the way up the Garden route. He asked me if I would like to join him for a good 4 day ride as the weather was great and he was going on the bike. I said yes but would only be able to meet up with him in Mosselbay on Tuesday as I had a few things to sort out. So off he went on Monday morning. By lunchtime on Monday I managed to sort my s#$t out, phoned him up to find out where he was. We decided to meet in Swellendam. As I shot up the N2 he was playing on gravel roads around Bredasdorp. We then met up in Swellendam and headed for Stillbaai for the first night stopover. Next day was a trip up the N2 to Mosselbay, Goerge, Sedgefield, Knysna and then on to plett where we stayed at my Moms B&B.
This is the view from her place.

The next morning it was off to Uniondale via Prince Alfreds Pass.
Here are a few pics of us on the pass. CO even managed to get some pics on the move.

CO wanting to go back to Knysna

Me showing him the correct way to go.

After this stop off the road becomes very narrow and I nearly became a hood ornament when a bakkie came round one of the tight corners pretty fast and on my side of the road.
From here it was through Uniondale, De Rust, Outshoorn onto Route62 through Calitzdorp to Ladismith.
Here we stayed the night at a guesthouse/backpackers Called Kicks. I have stayed here on numerous occasions as they have great food an excellent pub and reasonably cheap. They are also biker friendly and are just great people.
We got abit west in the pub that night.
Here is a pic of the bikes at Kicks with snow on the mountains in the background.

We eventually managed to get going late the next morning with slight hangovers, which we tried to sought out with 2 coffees at Ronnies Sex Shop.
From there it was Montague, Robertson, Wouster. Then a run over De Toitskloof pass back home to the local pub where some smartass decided to put our helmets up for auction.

All in all it was a great 4 day ride, and thanks for the invite Jimmy. Any others and I'm there like a bear.