Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW R1200 GSA LC RIGHT SIDE HEAT ISSUE ??  (Read 12076 times)

Offline TheBear

Re: BMW R1200 GSA LC RIGHT SIDE HEAT ISSUE ??
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2017, 12:38:53 pm »
Ek los hom hier  :pot: :pot: :lol8: :lol8:

Anyone know the Chef?  I want to find out how he broke the egg without the raw egg running into the cooling fins!  Sorcery that   :pot:
.#BRADICAL!

Offline rohann

« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2017, 01:19:54 pm »
 :laughing4: :laughing4:

Offline gee

« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2017, 09:53:27 am »
this is the response i got from my dealer after asking them what is happening as it was log with them 3 month ago
My mail to them
Hi there

Please can you update me on my log with Bmw re the excessive heat on the right hand side. This was reported nearly 3 months ago and I have not received any feedback.   We are now in summer and the problem has nearly become unbearable

Please can you let me know what is happening

There responce

HI Gary

I have spoken to BMW SA Technical department and they have informed me that the case has been escalated to BMW Germany. BMW Germany is currently busy investigating the issue, they are possibly looking at coming to SA  to do further analysis on our models. Unfortunately I cannot confirm a date at this time.

I believe we should all follow up with our dealars and let them respond via mail to you so we have records

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2017, 10:19:22 am »
i think BMW SA is also dragging their feet.

I have personally worked with BMW germany and the sharp and quick...3months? doesnt sound right

Offline Dirttrax

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2017, 01:39:19 pm »
Just been on a 120km ride after wrapping the CAT with Titanium exhaust wrap. Itís made a huge difference. Still some heat but not the unbearable heat I previously experienced. I did not use the Silicone spray as suggested so there is even more hope!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BLK

« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2017, 02:19:46 pm »
Thks for the info.Can one be advised where we can get this "Titanium Wrap"?

thks
BLK

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2017, 08:54:06 am »
i am sure catalytic converters is a devious plan between platinum mines and petrol producers , cats decrease performance and make petrol consumption rise

just saying  :peepwall:
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Sommer Ek

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2017, 11:50:44 pm »
BMW sal nou hulle gat in rat moet kry, ek wag al ses maande en dit raak somer in RSA.

Offline Dirttrax

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2017, 06:48:39 am »
Thks for the info.Can one be advised where we can get this "Titanium Wrap"?

thks
BLK

Hi BLK,
I bought the wrap in the States on Amazon, however I googled the product in SA and seems to be widely available.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Brucet

• Bike: BMW (all models)
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2017, 11:29:55 am »
The wrap is available at ATS and First Race. We sometimes use it on our race cars.

I am about to get a brand new 2017 and this thread has really made me wonder if i am doing the right thing.  :eek7:
BMW 1250 GS Adv HP

Offline Brucet

« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2017, 08:04:28 am »
So I got the bike and have only done around 250kms on it. I did notice the heat also......and, this probably sounds stupid, but it depended on how my feet were on the pegs.

I normally ride with the ball of my foot on the pegs (unless Im in traffic). In this position I did not notice any heat. When I put the center of my foot (arch?) on the peg with my toes pointing down I noticed the heat.
I think part of the problem is that my foot acted like a spoiler and directed the wind upwards when my toes were pointed down and the arch of my foot is on the peg.

Hope Im explaining it ok.

Edited:
With Pillion and now that my bike is run in, the problem is much worse. I have also laid a complaint with Northside and was told they have had lots of complaints including from the workshop manager who has just received a new bike. They feel that BMW will do something about it. Not sure when.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:54:55 am by Brucet »
BMW 1250 GS Adv HP

Offline Generaal Gert

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2018, 08:39:51 am »
Hi Guys,

I bought a 2015 GS and took it out for a short ride yesterday.

I can definitely feel the heat difference compared to my 2008 GS and my wife also complained about the exhaust heat (I have motoradical pannier frames fitted with a heat shield)

We are going on a trip over the long weekend and hope that this won't cause any issues ito comfort.

:eek7:

Offline Jacobsroodt

• vendor
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • Carpe Diem (in Afrikaans: Life's short, Ride hard)
    • West Coast Parts
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2018, 10:53:35 am »
It might be wise to still tackle the root of the problem - high combustion temperatures due to lean mixtures. There are ways around - just don't tamper with the O2/Lambda sensor as it actually protects the engine from running way too lean.
BoosterPlug, LED Spots, Tool Tubes, RustStop, Kappa Screens, Top boxes, Tank Bags, ATG Gear - whatever works for me.

Offline boere

• Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2018, 11:12:52 am »
Op laasjaar se Ladybrand Bash het Christa se boot heeltemal losgekom van die sool met al die hitte.

En BMW bly se ek is die eniste porsoon war daaroor kla, maar hulle sal probeer uitvind en terugkom na my toe >:( >:( >:(

Offline Brucet

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2018, 12:00:52 pm »
Tell them I have also complained officially at BMW Northside. They are welcome to contact me.
BMW 1250 GS Adv HP

Offline The TRANSPORTER

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2018, 08:21:13 am »
...die episode klink soos n poep in die wind! ::)
I told her i was married, she said 'me too, who cares, lets ride!'

Offline Big Show

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2018, 12:25:30 pm »
........n warm poep :peepwall:

Offline FJR

« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2018, 01:11:39 pm »
........n warm poep :peepwall:

:biggrin: :biggrin:
Ek het baie met die probleem rondgespeel toe ek my fiets gekoop het en glo my die enigste oplossing is om van die CAT ontslae te raak. Nou daar is 3 maniere om dit te doen:

1. Vervang die BMW Header met Akra of Remus Header. (Gaan jou +/- R8000.00 kos) Voordeel is jy kan die BMW een weer terug sit as jy eendag die bike verkoop en hom dan verkoop.
2. Laat iemand die CAT oop sny, die binnegoed uithaal en hom weer toe sweis. (Goedkoopste manier, behoort nie meer as R1000.00 te betaal nie. Baie plekke doen dit vernuut as hulle die
     binnegoed  kan hou en verkoop.
3. Vervang die BMW header met n tweedehandse 2014 tot 2016 Header.

Wat jou waarborg aan betref is elke persoon hiermaar op sy eie. Dit is jou keuse of jy dit wil laat doen of nie.
Ek het vir opsie 1 gegaan en ook die CAN vervang met n Akra maar dit is nie nodig nie en die CAN het niks met die hitte te doen nie.
Ek het geen hitte probleme meer op my fiets vanaf ek dit gedoen het nie is dit is net n plesier om met hom te ry, alleen of met pillion en maak nie saak hoe warm dit is nie of hoe die wind waai nie.

Ja en ek stem 100% saam dit is sommer BULL dat mens moet geld spandeur op so n duur fiets om n probleem op te los waarop BMW net hulle rug draai.
Hulle het my ook nooit weer gekontak ivm die probleem nie. SKANDE BMW. >:( >:(

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 01:20:12 pm by FJR »

Offline FJR

« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2018, 01:26:12 pm »
It might be wise to still tackle the root of the problem - high combustion temperatures due to lean mixtures. There are ways around - just don't tamper with the O2/Lambda sensor as it actually protects the engine from running way too lean.
Hi Roodt, jammer maar ek het een by jou gekoop en ingesit maar dit het niks aan die hitte probleem op my fiets gedoen nie. Ek kon geen verskil agterkom nie en hy het nog net so warm geword.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2018, 09:15:41 am »
Hi Roodt, jammer maar ek het een by jou gekoop en ingesit maar dit het niks aan die hitte probleem op my fiets gedoen nie. Ek kon geen verskil agterkom nie en hy het nog net so warm geword.

Ek is nie verbaas nie.  Die hitte in die "combustion chamber" sal oor afstand en tyd geen verskil aan die hitte van die uitlaatpyp verander nie.
.#BRADICAL!