Planning quick 1 week trip to the Okavango in middle of May - WD welcome to join

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tifua

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Did a ride to my old man place in November last year. Ride report here: https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=202933.0

Its old mans 70th and family is coming through to see him for it. Depending on the outcome of meeting I need to have shortly, I am hoping to get up there for few days to see him and relax a bit. Spoke to him and told him I plan to ride up and would they mind if I brought along a friend or two on bike so other than the private family dinner, myself and friends can enjoy and relax a bit in the Okavango. Lots of place to camp, there is hot showers, fridge, electricity and boat. We would have to cover our own costs ie food and fuel and chip in at the camp but we would be left alone to enjoy and relax. So for now, I am going and will do some planning. Relaxed pace ride up there, 4 days there in the Okavango then down to Maun for 2 - 3 days then head home. Short trip and those wanting to join have the option to ride onward through Caprivi or on way back, go through Ghanzi to Windhoel and down Namibia side back to SA.Low cost, no frills, camp and explore and get some riding in.

If you are interested in joining please let me know

Attachments

• Route.JPG
    Route.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 309