Some Bike Mechanics should be shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kortbroek

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
As I've mentioned elsewhere on here, I've been struggling to sort out a small oil leak on my XRR ever since I got it last December. It would leak enough to leave the whole bashplate wet and sometimes enough to have it cover my boots in a fine spray of oil. It was never consistent, sometimes it leaked a lot, other times hardly at all but luckily never enough that I couldn't ride.

So I started troubleshooting and eventually thought I had it pinned down to the oil feed and scavenge pipes to and from the oil pump. So thanks to a very helpful fellow Wilddog I got hold of a good condition set of secondhand pipes and swapped them out. Problem solved it seemed after a few test rides, then a few days later, same thing. F*ck  :xxbah:

So after more inspection I realised it was leaking on the water pump drive shaft. No water was getting into the oil but oil was getting out. Phoned around and found out that replacement seals would be in the order of R1800 and a new pump ex-Japan would be R2800  :eek7: . Phone up the generous WD who had helped before. Ja sure I can buy the pump he has and for a very reasonable price too. I used to own the bike now donating the parts so knew the condition of what I was buying.

Now the previous owner of this bike had a lot of work done at a supposedly VERY reputable bike shop that is often mentioned here on WD when people ask about good workshops. So this past weekend I finally got around to changing out the pump only to discover that the previous absolutely retarded idiot moron of a Proestraat pretoria droë naai twassock of a supposed bike mechanic had decided the water pump drive shaft housing doesn't need an oil O-ring, he sommer smeared some gasket sealer on there and there you go.  :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: How the F*CK can anyone think it is a good idea to use some gasket maker instead of the O-ring that is supposed to be there?  :dousing:
KUxoQ1EsoXdg3bg2OuY4dkLHXHlbqo91lZyM2gb8xfGBQEIDQ6TXceHk0IEhvmo0VHL0thbpDejcinGPQZl0sfjKosdph5YrCm8XW59HoyOP3qT0wZ5Rmsp_OUdRkXnQjrf9sM3b6N3Yejxdr4cwvsd0OAJ8OtPbZJnM319D7zI_YnhTVDJNBcF2ZdrsECPGoNEuFIsyJB4MkVrb-BC2dVRYNT3cEoFx3vr0ryg2pwpX_hmvVdDp_CDmGwAc855Q8alPCs_MfEzu6zJlXXZ_zhnDcT6mo-IRTOM_6yWcTNNxYXTOxnSma7KKOfKzfJ_dlzdwphwTE_2H2g5JAv4BgVtw9y_mpFh893I8h2azyiMFxWuMp_8Eax3CA87XoKt-QeWbMLabzceR_Mx_lzMZvtA2whYOgFafODR3S1yGSVDhhdgZUizF20Cd8LwjAsr_nWqTSjpge_N4cVGpD0A5C16CQz_bgKN6x2YyIZ90_EAIWDIlGmw7hY1qRcCYrFA--zqCwCGCUYtRMHMNvP5jeFBe1IqzETuojoV7q7oEh_Sr46ahksBtX9xrFGHTLCMf4Y4HUonHhoIo28E4sWqGZAN43eZp_EZ23OzPtk0RFc0l71YFbPYz=w580-h773-no

I'll rather not mention the name of the shop but I really hope this retard changes his career to anything other than being a mechanic