Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Chris Birch going Big at Romaniacs!!  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Buff

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Birch going Big at Romaniacs!!
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 01:55:46 pm »
After all Chris Birch's video's of doing "plastics" trails on a 1190, I am surprised he did not simply enter the GOLD class. :pot:

Agreed Danie, he must be going soft in his old age  :pot:
Previous bikes: Honda MT50, Yamaha DT50, Suzuki Bandit 400, Yamaha NR200, XT250, XT660Z, XT1200Z, YZ250, Ducati 848 Evo
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline BlueBull2007

• Supervised by a
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Bela Bela
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 01:24:13 pm »
Ja no, look: Birchy boy has done it all already anyway. Let's not take that away from him. I do believe he has won multiple extreme enduro's and though be might not have competed with the new hot shit guys, I have no doubt had he been 15-20 yrs younger he would be a right up there with them.

Let's not forget he also did the Dakar with Darryl Curtis etc.

No, Chris is no longer interested in getting a gold. He interestes in doing something even bit harder and I take my hat off to him.

Danie, you had better hope they both don't make it because if they you, you are never gonna hear the end of it from all the 1200 riding gods. Just think of all those fotos & footage they will have to post of boxer engines passing YZ 300's in the forests. :imaposer:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bikes: In transit   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline MiniDan

• Bike: Yamaha XT600
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 01:47:06 pm »
Ja no, look: Birchy boy has done it all already anyway. Let's not take that away from him. I do believe he has won multiple extreme enduro's and though be might not have competed with the new hot shit guys, I have no doubt had he been 15-20 yrs younger he would be a right up there with them.

No, Chris is no longer interested in getting a gold. He interestes in doing something even bit harder and I take my hat off to him.

Danie, you had better hope they both don't make it because if they you, you are never gonna hear the end of it from all the 1200 riding gods. Just think of all those fotos & footage they will have to post of boxer engines passing YZ 300's in the forests. :imaposer:

Hahahah, what a nightmare...
1. Italjet 
2. Yamaha - DT50, XT600E *2 
3. Kymco KB100 Manboy & Topboy
4. KTM 300 & 690 *2

Offline OFFROAD FANATICS

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 02:46:22 pm »
After all Chris Birch's video's of doing "plastics" trails on a 1190, I am surprised he did not simply enter the GOLD class. :pot:

Agreed Danie, he must be going soft in his old age  :pot:

Bwahahaahahahah :imaposer:
KEEP THE MOMENTUM - 2017 KTM 350 XCF
KAN TRUMP MOTORCYCLES  - 2014 KTM 1190 R

Offline Motties

• Was Darksider
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 03:14:15 pm »

Is he not 5 years or so younger than Jarvis?
'16 KTM 300 XCW

Online 2StrokeDan

• Bachelor Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 09:14:08 pm »

He will find no YZ300's to pass, he'll be in the fatty class. And he's not first either, HP2's and 950SE's have been riding there for years.

And I am not trying to take anything away from a legend likeChris Birch. What he has forgotten about offroad riding I will never learn.

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 10:14:43 pm »
this thread is missing the point. focus guys, its to proof that a 1090 is just as competent in technical riding as 300cc plastics.

but that you need more than 100hp to do it.

:pot: :deal:
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline Serf

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2017, 07:08:34 am »

He will find no YZ300's to pass, he'll be in the fatty class. And he's not first either, HP2's and 950SE's have been riding there for years.

And I am not trying to take anything away from a legend likeChris Birch. What he has forgotten about offroad riding I will never learn.
Well you can't teach an old dog new tricks in any case

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Online MaxThePanda

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
  • As in 'Even more Panda'. Also likes sharks.
    • View Profile
    • Team 525
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2017, 07:08:52 am »

This is Romaniacs - aren't you talking Erzberg?

Offline AJBotha

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2017, 12:06:37 pm »
The rumours were that Chris and Cody would be on 1090R's, but Chris recently released a clip of him training for it and there he was on a 1290R...

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

Offline Splash

• Bike: KTM 690 Enduro
  • Muldersdrift, Johannesburg
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2017, 03:57:56 pm »
Video of Chris Birch testing:

Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be so hard... . (Coldplay - Scientist)

Offline TheBear

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2017, 04:15:07 pm »
One very used 1190 will be up for sale soon  :o

Erm ...

Slightly used demo model, you mean?   >:D
.#BRADICAL!

Offline iamgigglz

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • The Hula hoop is Dead. Long live the Hula hoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2017, 08:43:43 pm »
That winching up using the back wheel!?!? Very simple but seems crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bensien - Wife came home today with a Samsung 3D LED TV and 3D Blue Ray player with built in wi-fi and 1TB hard drive. What else do I need?
Kaboef - A cheaper wife.