Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Kent experimental photo shoot  (Read 862 times)

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
Kent experimental photo shoot
« on: August 01, 2008, 05:13:57 pm »
Myself and Faantjie went out last Saturday morning with the goal to go do some landscape shooting. He recently bought a wireless remote that is effective up to about 30 meters for his Canon and wanted to try it out.

Off we set around 7:00 from a service station on the M25 motorway dropping straight into the lovely Kent country side also know as The Garden of England. Not long before we had to stop for a possible photo oppertunity...

A few cows came over to inspect the crazy humans wielding pointing clicking things in their direction

I call this "Sea of Cows"  :biggrin:

We certainly left it to late in the morning as the sun is high and the air already hazy

The Kent farms all seem pretty lush and green

Had to get some pimp shots of the HP2 how else, no blue africa skies though

We ride around the little country lanes and a lightbulb goes off in my head (does not happen often :o) and say to Fanus "How abouts we stickt he camera on a tripod and do drive by shootings  ???" He says "Ok"  :biggrin:

We set his camera (Canon 20D) on a tripod next to the road which is semi deserted except for the odd fitness freak joggin or cycling past  ::) Testing the remote out and it works ok in a straightline for about 30 meters. We mark the spot and go back to the camera. Set the focal point about where we would enter the shot, camera setting changed to servo mode and continues shooting. We hop on the bikes and start riding past the camera.

Try one

A quick check on the shot and then tried a few more

We realise there is a couple of factors to anticipate like the different lighting conditions under the trees and which bike the camera is going to pick up first. At least now we can experiment more on gravel and hopefully enhance our chances of getting better shots as the remote works a treat.

Faantjie also did some PS on a shot or two he took of me on the HP2 which I quite like

Motion

HP2 goes B&W  :patch:

I have subsequently ordered myself a wireless remote as well and hope to create better works of art with the help of it. There is always this sense of putting the effect of motion to my bike pictures and now it would be possible. Not sure how far we will actually get in a day setting all this up but seems like a good crack  :mwink:

That's all folks  :biggrin:  :lamer:
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
    • A Stone's Throw Bed & Breakfast
Re: Kent experimental photo shoot
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 05:20:34 pm »
HP2 looks mighty sweet :thumleft:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

'16 Africa Twin CRF1000
'12 KTM200
`11 CRF 230F `12 KTM 200  BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline BMWPE

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Port Elizabeth
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 05:23:27 pm »
Thats cool
nice action shot
Rallye

Offline Kobus

• RPMods
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 05:23:38 pm »
Nice
Dream like you will live forever, live like you're going to die tomorrow

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 05:40:06 pm »
HP2 looks mighty sweet :thumleft:

That's nothing how do you smaak my ATGATT for the day  :imaposer: Looking at it now realised how much gear I normally wear just into work and back on a daily basis. Was a nice change of scenery.

Thanks for the comments guys. Any tips and ideas you have that would be nice to try with a remote you can think of let me know. Open to suggestions  8)
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline Iron Shark

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 01:49:20 am »
Some real nice pics there Maverick, I really dig the cows....  :imaposer:
Kawasaki KH 175 - sold
Kawasaki KLR 650 - sold
Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - sold
BMW 1200 GS - sold
BMW 1200 GSA - loving it

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 01:03:14 am »
Great shots!

Can you tell me if this product is available online? What make and who could I contact if its not?

Thanks!
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 02:26:05 am »
 :thumleft:

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 02:54:14 am »
Nice

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 10:04:26 am »
Only in England chaps - LOVELY shots - BUT!!!!!!

Try that in South Africa .... and some Bush-baboon will nick the camera before you have a chance to even turn your bikes!!!!   :mwink: :biggrin: :biggrin:

These days you have to hold onto your jocks when in the loo... otherwsie it's gone  :imaposer:
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()