Bought em Shinko 804/805

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinusBez

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
So my front karoo 3 and Heido k60 life came to an end. I could have squeezed a few more km out of em but when the importer for Shinko gave me the contact details of a fitment centre near where I lived a boer het 'n plan gemaak and I "had" to get them for fear of losing out.

It is a 60/40 tyre i.e. 60 offroad and 40 tarmac.
I paid:
1. Front (804) R 750
2. Rear (805) R 1550
Fitted incl balancing.

I bought them at a new tyre fitment place in Boksburg Falcon Crest which I don't think has a name yet guy called Deon. Great guy this.
Why? Because he added a front and rear tube for a mere....R 200. Heavy duty these are or so it says on the tin. Think they're called Kenda or something like that.
I did pay cash though.

First impression:
Dealer guy (Deon) told me to take it easy on tar especially in the corners due to some factory waxy layer on the tyre. I felt I had more control in terms of the balance point. Not sure whether this is because of my previous Heidi K60 (rear) Karoo 3 front, which it appeared was mostly ridden on tarmac by the previous owner. Riding a knobby on tar makes the tyre square but it felt different for the better. I wanted to try something different and the Mitas 09 being my first choice but later came second due to price, I'm certainly not going to cry over having two new tyres for the price of one rear Mitas albeit 80/20 which I can always fit later. Deon gave me a price of R 2300 for the Mitas, by far the lowest I've seen in JHB. And this is the Dakar one btw. 

Gonna hit some dirt tomorrow. I'm no tyre expert and just blissfully unaware moer into some direction. Don't expect a rezvilla review from me. I'm sharing this because the tyre makes me feel more in control and it is cheap. I don't know the explicit sizes. I've been in conversation with Roland from Shinko for months and he sends me promo shit and every time I ask him when I'm getting my tyres. I now have them.

There are some great review on the net. How that translates to dirt riding I guess I've have to see for myself but I'm impressed with the short distance from the dealer to my house.

More gaan ons braaaaaaaap! 

18057762_10155298060803092_8053420643810448610_n_zps4a9pyekc.jpg

18057221_10155298060918092_5178098829915606621_n_zpstpxt6hb0.jpg